    certifications (win2003) now that there is a lot of new ones targeted to the
    new technology provided by MS like Windows 2008...

    Thanks in advance,
    AmSpOkE, Feb 25, 2008

  2. Certify in what you work with the most, and will be working with for the
    near future.

    Mostly Gizzards, Feb 25, 2008

  3. AmSpOkE

    AmSpOkE Guest

    Thanks for your suggestion, but my thoughs are as follows, i have a deep
    knowledge (or almos this i believe :)) in Windows 2003, and XP, so i am
    asking my self if getting one of the new certs (mainly win 2008) could be a
    good way to expertise or get knowledge on those fields.

    Thanks!

    AmSpOkE, Feb 25, 2008
  4. "AmSpOkE" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks for your suggestion, but my thoughs are as follows, i have a deep
    > knowledge (or almos this i believe :)) in Windows 2003, and XP, so i am
    > asking my self if getting one of the new certs (mainly win 2008) could be a
    > good way to expertise or get knowledge on those fields.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > "Mostly Gizzards" wrote:
    >
    > > Certify in what you work with the most, and will be working with for the
    > > near future.
    > >
    > > "AmSpOkE" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi!
    > > >
    > > > I am on the road to get an MCSA certification, but due to the new types of
    > > > CERTS from MS, i am asking if i must put all my effort on "old"
    > > > certifications (win2003) now that there is a lot of new ones targeted to
    > > > the
    > > > new technology provided by MS like Windows 2008...
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance,

    Go with what you know.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 25, 2008
  5. "AmSpOkE" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your suggestion, but my thoughs are as follows, i have a deep
    > knowledge (or almos this i believe :)) in Windows 2003, and XP, so i am
    > asking my self if getting one of the new certs (mainly win 2008) could be
    > good way to expertise or get knowledge on those fields.
    >
    > Thanks!

    I would DEFINITELY certify in 2003 & XP then. Don't think of certification
    as the way to learn something but rather the validation that you are a
    proven professional in that area of expertise. Obtaining a certification in
    an area that you have no practical experience in can be a bad thing in the
    eyes of many employers and peers.

    And FWIW, having certified both MCSE and MCITP down the road shows an
    evolving base of knowledge versus someone that just got started in the
    field.

    MG
    Mostly Gizzards, Feb 26, 2008
  6. I personally prefer to start with what is current such as Win Server 2003 and
    then go on to the new technology, such as Win Server 2008 and Vista later on.

    Currently have my MCP, A+, Network+ and just passed the 70-290 last week.
    Once I pass the 70-291 exam I will have my MCSA.

    After that, I will take the 70-293, 70-294 (Core networking exams), 70-297
    (Core Design and finally the 70-298 (Elective exam) and have my MCSE.

    I'll probably spend the balance of the year preparing for and passing the
    exams in my spare time at home.

    I use Win Server 2003, XP and Vista at work in my lab daily, and currently
    testing Win Server 2008.

    My company has no immediate plans to upgrade to the new technology, but will
    have to sometime in the future (couple of years). So I'm getting hands on
    with the new technology daily which will prepare me for the new
    certifications later on.

    I'll will just need to take Exam 70-648 and Exam 70-646 to have an MCTS and
    MCITP: Server Administrator.

    Being an MCSA or MCSE will be valid for years to come and as companies adopt
    new technology you can upgrade your certification.

    gtherreault_montreal, Mar 14, 2008