    (8) bargain-batteries' no-brand 1300mAh

    This has to fit inside a camera (EOS 10D), so I cannot use a physically
    larger replacement designed for camcorders.

    peter, Jul 12, 2003

  2. peter

    Don Coon Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    news:DDJPa.1833$...
    > There seems to be quite a few 3rd party alternatives for canon BP 511.

    Does
    > anyone know which one has the highest capacity and which has the best
    > price/capacity? I'm not sure if the rating on the battery is accurate.
    >
    > (1) CTA Digital's DB-BP511; 1300mAh
    > (2) Lenmar LIC-511; 1250mAh
    > (3) VidPro AC-511; 1500mAh
    > (4) MAHA MH-BP-511; 1300mAh
    > (5) Mugen Power BP-511; 1300mAh
    > (6) Adorama's BP-511; no rating
    > (7) Power 2000's BP-511; 1500mAh
    > (8) bargain-batteries' no-brand 1300mAh
    >
    > This has to fit inside a camera (EOS 10D), so I cannot use a physically
    > larger replacement designed for camcorders.

    I don't know if anyone knows for certain how accurate the claimed mah
    ratings are. I bought the ACDelco brand claiming to be 1500mah for $45 18
    months ago but I can't say for certain that it'll significantly outlast the
    Canon 1100mah that came with my camera.

    If I had to buy one today, I'd probably pop for a two pack of 1300mah
    batteries for $32 shipped from this posting on Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3033535516&category=40973
    The guy has a 99.8% feedback rating so I wouldn't worry about getting a bum
    deal.

    Think of it as a 2600mah battery : )

    Don Coon, Jul 12, 2003

  3. peter

    Brian Tilley Guest

    "G" <> wrote in message news:<HlNPa.4466$>...
    > I bought a Lenmar one and after 4 -5 cycles it is yet to out last the canon
    > one, I realise that it may take a few cycles to reach full capacity but I
    > question it's claimed capacity. Still for $12 or so I'm not complaning,
    > check out the canon replacement part!
    >
    > Greg
    > "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > "peter" <> wrote in message
    > > > There seems to be quite a few 3rd party alternatives for canon BP 511.

    > Does
    > > > anyone know which one has the highest capacity and which has the best
    > > > price/capacity? I'm not sure if the rating on the battery is accurate.
    > > >
    > > > (1) CTA Digital's DB-BP511; 1300mAh
    > > > (2) Lenmar LIC-511; 1250mAh
    > > > (3) VidPro AC-511; 1500mAh
    > > > (4) MAHA MH-BP-511; 1300mAh
    > > > (5) Mugen Power BP-511; 1300mAh
    > > > (6) Adorama's BP-511; no rating
    > > > (7) Power 2000's BP-511; 1500mAh
    > > > (8) bargain-batteries' no-brand 1300mAh
    > > >
    > > > This has to fit inside a camera (EOS 10D), so I cannot use a physically
    > > > larger replacement designed for camcorders.
    > > >

    > > I don't know if anyone knows for certain how accurate the claimed mah
    > > ratings are. I bought the ACDelco brand claiming to be 1500mah for $45 18
    > > months ago but I can't say for certain that it'll significantly outlast

    > the
    > > Canon 1100mah that came with my camera.
    > >
    > > If I had to buy one today, I'd probably pop for a two pack of 1300mah
    > > batteries for $32 shipped from this posting on Ebay:
    > >

    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3033535516&category=40973
    > > The guy has a 99.8% feedback rating so I wouldn't worry about getting a

    > bum
    > > deal.
    > >
    > > Think of it as a 2600mah battery : )

    As has been stated in another post, the BP-511 replacement battery
    being sold by terascout.com works really well. It is still 7.4V but is
    1250mAh rather than 1100mAh for the original.
    I've been using mine daily for close to a week, and it greatly
    outperforms the original. Great deal for $16.

    Brian Tilley, Jul 12, 2003
  4. peter

    Don Coon Guest

    > > I bought a Lenmar one and after 4 -5 cycles it is yet to out last the

    canon
    > > one, I realise that it may take a few cycles to reach full capacity but

    > > question it's claimed capacity. Still for $12 or so I'm not complaning,
    > > check out the canon replacement part!
    > >
    > > Greg
    > > "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
    > > >

    > > > "peter" <> wrote in message

    511.
    > > Does

    best

    accurate.

    physically

    > > > I don't know if anyone knows for certain how accurate the claimed mah
    > > > ratings are. I bought the ACDelco brand claiming to be 1500mah for

    $45 18
    > > > months ago but I can't say for certain that it'll significantly

    outlast
    > > the
    > > > Canon 1100mah that came with my camera.
    > > >
    > > > If I had to buy one today, I'd probably pop for a two pack of 1300mah
    > > > batteries for $32 shipped from this posting on Ebay:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3033535516&category=40973
    > > > The guy has a 99.8% feedback rating so I wouldn't worry about getting

    > > bum
    > > > deal.
    > > >
    > > > Think of it as a 2600mah battery : )
    > > >

    > As has been stated in another post, the BP-511 replacement battery
    > being sold by terascout.com works really well. It is still 7.4V but is
    > 1250mAh rather than 1100mAh for the original.
    > I've been using mine daily for close to a week, and it greatly
    > outperforms the original. Great deal for $16.

    Not to nitpick but make that $19 unless they're now offering free shipping.

    Don Coon, Jul 12, 2003
  5. peter

    G Guest

    G, Jul 13, 2003