    Saturday night. Thus, you cannot buy a dvd that has been discounted to
    $14.99 on the week of release. Wait a day after the sale, and it goes
    up to $19.99. So who are they trying to fool?

    Ollie W. Holmes, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Ollie W. Holmes

    Wade365 Guest

    << In their version of a buyer's club, Best Buy sells you a $9.99 card
    and in return you accumulate reward points which they eventually
    convert to coupons you can use to make future purchases. The discount
    amounts to around 4%. >>

    Sounds like not much... but if you buy DVDs in bulk every month it may turn out
    to be a deal... Blockbuster signed me up for this thing where every time I
    rented a new release they'd give me an older title free... ended up seeing a
    lot of free movies because I was on medical leave and not doing anything else.

    All depends on your volume of biz.

    Wade365, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Ollie W. Holmes

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Ollie W. Holmes wrote:
    > In their version of a buyer's club, Best Buy sells you a $9.99 card
    > and in return you accumulate reward points which they eventually
    > convert to coupons you can use to make future purchases. The discount
    > amounts to around 4%.
    >
    > Good deal, but has anyone ever received the coupon to which they're
    > entitled? What if your neighbor or postal deliverer rips off the
    > coupon from your mailbox? Since the coupon is not a check, there is no
    > traceability, apparently. BB even states on their website that if you
    > lose one, they will not issue you a replacement. So why should they do
    > so if it gets lost in the mail or stolen?
    >
    > BB is also promoting double RZ points for dvds if purchased on Sunday
    > or Monday. Sneaky bastards. First the new-for-sale dvds are supposed
    > to only go out on the floor on Tuesday. Sales on new releases end on
    > Saturday night. Thus, you cannot buy a dvd that has been discounted to
    > $14.99 on the week of release. Wait a day after the sale, and it goes
    > up to $19.99. So who are they trying to fool?

    The deal was good for me. They sent me a complementary card with 5000
    points on it so I got my first 5 dollar card after spending about 40
    dollars. I'm not sure that I would actually pay money for one. It
    would be worth it if you spent 250 dollars there during a year. But my
    5 dollar coupon is only good until mid november.

    My daughter got a coupon good for a free card but she actually had to go
    into the store to get it. So if you get best buy circulars in the mail
    then there's a chance that they will send you one.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Oct 2, 2003
  4. Ollie W. Holmes

    FredBillie Guest

    << From: (Ollie W. Holmes)
    Date: Wed, Oct 1, 2003 9:18 PM

    In their version of a buyer's club, Best Buy sells you a $9.99 card
    and in return you accumulate reward points which they eventually
    convert to coupons you can use to make future purchases. The discount
    amounts to around 4%.

    Good deal, but has anyone ever received the coupon to which they're
    entitled? What if your neighbor or postal deliverer rips off the
    coupon from your mailbox? Since the coupon is not a check, there is no
    traceability, apparently. BB even states on their website that if you
    lose one, they will not issue you a replacement. So why should they do
    so if it gets lost in the mail or stolen?

    I think you are worrying too much about what ifs? Surely, you don’t worry
    about your neighbors doing that? And the chance of the post office losing it
    are rather remote from my experience. It really just comes down to “do you
    think you are going to save more than your $9.95 outlay.

    FredBillie, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Ollie W. Holmes

    Tarkus Guest

    On 1 Oct 2003 19:18:17 -0700, Ollie W. Holmes wrote:

    > BB is also promoting double RZ points for dvds if purchased on Sunday
    > or Monday. Sneaky bastards. First the new-for-sale dvds are supposed
    > to only go out on the floor on Tuesday. Sales on new releases end on
    > Saturday night. Thus, you cannot buy a dvd that has been discounted to
    > $14.99 on the week of release. Wait a day after the sale, and it goes
    > up to $19.99. So who are they trying to fool?

    Well, they do have a LOT of stuff that goes on sale on Sundays that are
    not new releases. But yeah, they probably are trying to generate more
    sales on days when people might be wanting to wait. I see no problem
    with that. They're running a business, after all.
    --
    "I may be bad...but I feel gooood."

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Oct 2, 2003
  6. Ollie W. Holmes

    TSKO Guest

    I have been in the "club" since I recieved a free card....and to date....I
    have recieved 1 coupon.......but I am owed another $25 worth. I called them
    to ask how long it takes to get the coupons.....they said 6-8 wks....seems
    alittle long to "just send out a coupon"...

    TSKO, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Ollie W. Holmes

    AceoHearts Guest

    It is a good deal, if you buy a lot of stuff at Best Buy. So far I have
    recieved 2 of the $5 coupons. But it takes a little while. Purchases take
    about 10 days to show up on your Reward Zone card. Then once they are
    issued they certificates take 6-8 weeks to arrive. Personally I am
    waiting for $20 in certificates to arrive. Plus in the last 10 days I have
    bought enough for 2 more certificates, but those points havn't posted yet.

    It takes a while to get the suff, but I think it is worth it. I would have
    spent the money there any way, but now I get a little back. It would be
    nicer if the rewards showed up faster after they were earned.

    AceoHearts

    AceoHearts, Oct 2, 2003
  8. Ollie W. Holmes

    Tarkus Guest

    On 02 Oct 2003 07:41:26 GMT, FredBillie wrote:

    > I think you are worrying too much about what ifs? Surely, you donÿt worry
    > about your neighbors doing that? And the chance of the post office losing it
    > are rather remote from my experience. It really just comes down to ´do you
    > think you are going to save more than your $9.95 outlay.

    Bingo. You need two coupons to break even, so you just have to figure
    how much do you spend at Best Buy. And keep in mind that it's not just
    movie and music purchases that apply to your points. If you ever buy any
    hardware there, that will kick up your points real fast.
    --
    "Klaatu borada nikto."

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Oct 2, 2003
  9. Ollie W. Holmes

    Joe Pendyck Guest

    Seems like a good deal to me, but then I got mine free.
    I've already received 4 coupons, and have earned a couple more.

    PS., I don't think someone else can use your coupons because you need
    to present your RZ card when you use them. I'm not sure if the coupons
    are tied to a specific card though.

    Joe Pendyck, Oct 2, 2003
  10. Ollie W. Holmes

    AceoHearts Guest

    One thing that I noticed is that they are holding onto my points at the
    moment. You are supposed to get a $5 coupon for every 12,500 points you
    accumulate. Right now I have 39,622 points and it says I need 10,378 points
    for my next reward. The only thing I can think of is that they are going to
    send me 4 at once. Back on the 12th there is a listing saying that I was
    issued a $5 reward but 25,000 points were deducted, so I guess they sent out
    2 at once.

    AceoHearts

    AceoHearts, Oct 3, 2003
  11. Ollie W. Holmes

    J-Dogg

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Okay, but....

    The certificates expire and cannot be reissued. Why do they expire? I have yet to hear a good explanation. I am ready to buy something and would like my $60 in rewards certificates, but they expired. I didn't need/want anything when they were still valid. Why can't they just reissue them to me now? So I'll have to pay full price or the sale price? Fine. But I won't pay it at a Best Buy store. I'll go elsewhere, thank you very much.

    J-Dogg, Dec 28, 2009