    If not, maybe I can go to Eckerd, buy the box and then return it to Best
    Buy...will that work or does BB put their own UPC on their which would tell
    them the box isn't from one of their stores?

    Shinner, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Shinner

    Tarkus Guest

    On 26 Oct 2003 10:37:05 -0600, Shinner wrote:

    > Anyone know if you can take a competitor's ad to Best Buy after the fact
    > and get the difference back?

    Yes, as long as it's within 30 days (for DVDs). Just take it to the
    customer service counter.
    --
    "I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door.
    You're the one that has to walk through it."

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    Tarkus <> wrote in

    > On 26 Oct 2003 10:37:05 -0600, Shinner wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know if you can take a competitor's ad to Best Buy after the
    >> fact and get the difference back?

    Cool...thanks! I wasn't really expecting they'd do that but am obviously
    happy to hear it!

    --
    Sláinte,

    Shinner

    ===================================
    While the wicked stand confounded
    Call me, with thy saints surrounded
    ===================================

    Shinner, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Shinner

    buck16 Guest

    Or ... you can really go nuts like I did and grab the Eckerd ad, go to
    Best Buy and buy a second (I already had one) copy (with or without
    the 5th disc, doesn't matter) pricematched, then return that set on
    the old $45 receipt. Fortunately, I live right down the street from
    Best Buy.

    buck16, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    buck16 <> wrote in

    > Or ... you can really go nuts like I did and grab the Eckerd ad, go to
    > Best Buy and buy a second (I already had one) copy (with or without
    > the 5th disc, doesn't matter) pricematched, then return that set on
    > the old $45 receipt.

    Will resort to that if the first BB I go to tomorrow refuses to honor the
    Eckerd ad. Dunno the likelihood of that happening but you never know.

    I had a BB manager refuse to let me exchange an unopened Austin Powers
    DVD (P&S) for the WS version.

    A friend of mine got it as an Xmas present and had already owned it. He
    left it laying around unopened with the gift receipt attached. When the
    new release of Roger Rabbit came out, I bought it even though I already
    owned the original release. He didn't have either version of that one, so
    I traded it to him for the Austin Powers. Guess this was around July. So,
    I hate P&S and figured BB would let me swap it even though it was well
    past the 30 days notice on the gift receipt...what's the difference I
    figured, it's still unopened. Well, they wouldn't do it, so I have the
    P&S version.

    Not a big deal, I didn't get upset about it. Hell, I've not even seen the
    movie, I only made the trade cause my kids like it. All in all, I don't
    know why they'd stick so stringently to that policy even though the movie
    is readily available on their shelves in both formats.

    Shinner, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Shinner wrote:

    > Anyone know if you can take a competitor's ad to Best Buy after the fact
    > and get the difference back?
    >
    > Bought the Indy box on release day for $44.99....saw Eckerd is still
    > advertising it in today's paper for $34.99. Normally I'd spend about $10 in
    > gas going to/from Best Buy so it wouldn't be worth the effort, but on my
    > travels to work tomorrow I'll pass at least 2 BB stores so if they still do
    > price matching after a purchase, I'll stop.
    >
    > If not, maybe I can go to Eckerd, buy the box and then return it to Best
    > Buy...will that work or does BB put their own UPC on their which would tell
    > them the box isn't from one of their stores?

    As someone else stated, Best Buy does have a price match policy.
    However they will not match Costco prices, and I am not certain about
    Fry's.

    Adios,
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Oct 27, 2003
  7. Shinner

    Richard C. Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    : Anyone know if you can take a competitor's ad to Best Buy after the fact
    : and get the difference back?

    ================
    I did it once........they refunded me the difference......
    ==================
    :

    Richard C., Oct 27, 2003
  8. Shinner

    Tarkus Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:49:43 GMT, Nicholas Andrade wrote:

    > As someone else stated, Best Buy does have a price match policy.
    > However they will not match Costco prices, and I am not certain about
    > Fry's.

    Since Fry's is across town for me, I price match their ads at Best Buy
    all the time.
    --
    "You yell barracuda, everybody says, 'Huh? What?' You yell shark,
    we've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July."

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Oct 27, 2003
  9. Shinner

    Tarkus Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 19:17:03 -0800, Richard C. wrote:

    > "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    >: Anyone know if you can take a competitor's ad to Best Buy after the fact
    >: and get the difference back?
    >
    > ================
    > I did it once........they refunded me the difference......

    It's actually the difference plus 10%.
    --
    "The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will
    find you if you want it to."

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Oct 27, 2003
  10. Shinner

    revoltnow Guest

    Just take the Eckerd ad along with your original BestBuy receipt. Not
    only are they required to match the price but you'll also get 10% of
    the difference refunded ($1). I did it last Thursday and got $11 plus
    tax refunded to my credit card.

    revoltnow, Oct 27, 2003
  11. Shinner

    Richard C. Guest

    "Tarkus" <> wrote in message
    : On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 19:17:03 -0800, Richard C. wrote:
    :
    : > "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    : > news:3f9bf77c$0$399$...
    : >: Anyone know if you can take a competitor's ad to Best Buy after the fact
    : >: and get the difference back?
    : >
    : > ================
    : > I did it once........they refunded me the difference......
    :
    : It's actually the difference plus 10%.
    : --
    ===========================
    Hmmmmmmm
    I am not sure they did that.......

    Richard C., Oct 27, 2003
  12. Tarkus wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:49:43 GMT, Nicholas Andrade wrote:
    >

    >>As someone else stated, Best Buy does have a price match policy.
    >>However they will not match Costco prices, and I am not certain about
    >>Fry's.

    > Since Fry's is across town for me, I price match their ads at Best Buy
    > all the time.

    Interesting, I was at the Best Buy store in Dublin, CA and brought in an
    add from the Sunnyvale Fry's and they turned it down. This is a few
    years ago and I hadn't tried since. Maybe it was the particular item (a
    printer). I ended up returning it to BB and buying it at Fry's since
    they wouldn't match the price.

    Adios,
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Oct 27, 2003
  13. Shinner

    Frohike Guest

    "Nicholas Andrade" <> wrote in message
    > Interesting, I was at the Best Buy store in Dublin, CA and brought in an
    > add from the Sunnyvale Fry's and they turned it down. This is a few
    > years ago and I hadn't tried since. Maybe it was the particular item (a
    > printer). I ended up returning it to BB and buying it at Fry's since
    > they wouldn't match the price.
    >
    > Adios,
    > ~Nick

    Maybe it's the distance to the store you're pricematching it against. My
    Union City BB has no problem pricematching the ads from Sunnyvale Fry's. I'd
    say the BB store is about 20 miles away to the nearest Fry's.

    Frohike, Oct 27, 2003
  14. Shinner

    Tarkus Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:55:26 GMT, Nicholas Andrade wrote:

    > Interesting, I was at the Best Buy store in Dublin, CA and brought in an
    > add from the Sunnyvale Fry's and they turned it down. This is a few
    > years ago and I hadn't tried since. Maybe it was the particular item (a
    > printer). I ended up returning it to BB and buying it at Fry's since
    > they wouldn't match the price.

    What was their reason for turning it down?

    RC Willey's usually has one DVD heavily discounted each week, most
    recently LION KING for $9.99. They only get like 100 copies in, if that
    ("while supplies last"), and sell out very fast. They're obviously just
    something to try and get you in the door. Well, Best Buy price matches
    those, too. At least the one by me does.
    --
    "I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he
    see what I brung him!"

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Oct 27, 2003
  15. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    "Richard C." <> wrote in news:3f9c8e44$0$48449
    $:

    > "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    >: Anyone know if you can take a competitor's ad to Best Buy after the fact
    >: and get the difference back?
    >
    > ================
    > I did it once........they refunded me the difference......
    > ==================

    Stopped tonight after work...no sweat.

    Guy was getting a bit fidgety though since I brought the Eckerd ad (from a
    PA newspaper) and the store was in VA. He started to say he had to call his
    manager cause he wasn't sure if it mattered that the ad was from another
    State. They he got bold and made the decision himself that it was
    ok....that boy's goin places I tell ya!

    Shinner, Oct 28, 2003
  16. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    (revoltnow) wrote in

    > Just take the Eckerd ad along with your original BestBuy receipt. Not
    > only are they required to match the price but you'll also get 10% of
    > the difference refunded ($1).

    They only did the difference plus tax, I got $10.45 back (VA sales tax,
    4.5%)

    Shinner, Oct 28, 2003
  17. In article <3f9c5f6f$0$56828$>,
    Shinner <> writes:
    > Will resort to that if the first BB I go to tomorrow refuses to honor the
    > Eckerd ad. Dunno the likelihood of that happening but you never know.
    >
    > I had a BB manager refuse to let me exchange an unopened Austin Powers
    > DVD (P&S) for the WS version.

    Take it to Circuit City, they'll even exchange it if it's opened.

    David E. Bath, Oct 30, 2003
  18. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    (David E. Bath) wrote in

    >> I had a BB manager refuse to let me exchange an unopened Austin
    >> Powers DVD (P&S) for the WS version.

    > Take it to Circuit City, they'll even exchange it if it's opened.

    Even without a receipt showing it was bought there?

    Shinner, Oct 30, 2003
  19. In article <3fa11081$0$27414$>,
    Shinner <> writes:
    > (David E. Bath) wrote in
    >
    >>> I had a BB manager refuse to let me exchange an unopened Austin
    >>> Powers DVD (P&S) for the WS version.

    >> Take it to Circuit City, they'll even exchange it if it's opened.

    > Even without a receipt showing it was bought there?

    Yep, they even gave me one in case I needed to return the
    replacement, which I did have to do. I had bought the original
    on-line, it had a problem, I exchanged it, I was in such a rush I
    picked up a P&S version by accident (the huge price sticker covered
    it up), brought that back for a WS one.

    David E. Bath, Oct 31, 2003
  20. In news:,
    David E. Bath <> said in a panic:
    > In article <3f9c5f6f$0$56828$>,
    > Shinner <> writes:
    >> Will resort to that if the first BB I go to tomorrow refuses to
    >> honor the Eckerd ad. Dunno the likelihood of that happening but you
    >> never know.
    >>
    >> I had a BB manager refuse to let me exchange an unopened Austin
    >> Powers DVD (P&S) for the WS version.

    > Take it to Circuit City, they'll even exchange it if it's opened.

    That's no longer, Circuit City now requries a reciept on returns/
    exchanges. Either that or if you have the reciept saved in the
    computer system.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Nov 1, 2003