    --
    space for rent.
    To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

    Impmon, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Impmon wrote:
    > Yesterday I picked up "Baby - Secret of the Lost Legend" DVD from a Best
    > Buy. While it wouldn't be a big deal except it rang up at $0.00 and the
    > cashier had pressed total before realizing the odd amount. Her cash
    > register froze and wouldn't respond at all.
    >
    > The manager had to take me to a different register and manually price
    > the DVD at $5.99. I would have liked to get the DVD for free but I
    > doubt Best Buy would allow that anyway.

    It's just a computer glitch, they happen to everybody, why get in a huff
    about it and blame Best Buy?

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Impmon

    Tarkus Guest

    On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:58:49 GMT, Grand Inquisitor wrote:

    > Impmon wrote:
    >> Yesterday I picked up "Baby - Secret of the Lost Legend" DVD from a Best
    >> Buy. While it wouldn't be a big deal except it rang up at $0.00 and the
    >> cashier had pressed total before realizing the odd amount. Her cash
    >> register froze and wouldn't respond at all.
    >>
    >> The manager had to take me to a different register and manually price
    >> the DVD at $5.99. I would have liked to get the DVD for free but I
    >> doubt Best Buy would allow that anyway.

    > It's just a computer glitch, they happen to everybody, why get in a huff
    > about it and blame Best Buy?

    That was a huff?
    --
    "Don't touch that please. Your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
    things with alloys and compositions and things with ... molecular

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Impmon

    TSKO Guest

    I heard no huff

    Where's a huff?

    TSKO, Nov 12, 2003
  5. Impmon

    Shinner Guest

    "TSKO" <> wrote in news::

    > I heard no huff
    > Where's a huff?

    Give the governor harumppf!

    Shinner, Nov 12, 2003
  6. Impmon wrote:
    > Yesterday I picked up "Baby - Secret of the Lost Legend" DVD from a Best
    > Buy. While it wouldn't be a big deal except it rang up at $0.00 and the
    > cashier had pressed total before realizing the odd amount. Her cash
    > register froze and wouldn't respond at all.
    >
    > The manager had to take me to a different register and manually price
    > the DVD at $5.99. I would have liked to get the DVD for free but I
    > doubt Best Buy would allow that anyway.

    Perhaps it is salvage (is Best Buy still selling the item or did they
    only have a couple clearance left?). When I worked at Macy*s in high
    school every so often a few items rang up at $0.01, meaning they were
    salvage. If a customer brought one to the register, you were suppose to
    change the price to the lowest price of it (or similar items in 90 days
    - generally 82.5% off). There is no way to tell just by looking at the
    item whether it was salvage; and after you finished with the customer,
    you were suppose to take all the remaining items to the dock. From
    there they were put in random boxes which were auctioned off to places
    like Ross (along with damaged but in separate boxes). Every so often a
    customer would catch a glimpse at the $0.01 price and complain about me
    changing it, but my manager wouldn't accommodate them. I'm glad you
    were cool about it, because I always hated getting yelled at by
    customers wondering why they can't have the item for basically free (as
    if ~1/5 the price wasn't a steal).

    Adiosm
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Nov 12, 2003
  7. On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:58:49 GMT, Grand Inquisitor
    <> wrote:

    >Impmon wrote:
    >> Yesterday I picked up "Baby - Secret of the Lost Legend" DVD from a Best
    >> Buy. While it wouldn't be a big deal except it rang up at $0.00 and the
    >> cashier had pressed total before realizing the odd amount. Her cash
    >> register froze and wouldn't respond at all.
    >>
    >> The manager had to take me to a different register and manually price
    >> the DVD at $5.99. I would have liked to get the DVD for free but I
    >> doubt Best Buy would allow that anyway.

    Recently I bought a few parts for my Honda Civic at the dealer. The
    oil filter and fan belt both showed $0.00 on the register. The fellow
    grinned and said "Hmm, odd! well, the inventory's still balanced" and
    let it pass. That saved almost 25% off the total bill. <g>

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Nov 12, 2003
  8. Impmon

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, Impmon
    <> wrote:

    > The manager had to take me to a different register and manually price
    > the DVD at $5.99. I would have liked to get the DVD for free but I
    > doubt Best Buy would allow that anyway.

    I ended up with the Space Invaders NUON disc for 99 cents, and there
    wasn't a grumble. Guess they were just glad to have finally sold it.

    Max Volume, Nov 13, 2003
  9. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:59:15 GMT, Nicholas Andrade <>
    typed:

    >Perhaps it is salvage (is Best Buy still selling the item or did they
    >only have a couple clearance left?)

    I'm not sure, it was in with a bunch of value DVDs all priced at $5.99
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of those also rings up zero. It's
    probably old stock like Walmart's $5.88 bin.

    Impmon, Nov 13, 2003
  10. Impmon

    Chris Zabel Guest

    Same thing happened to me the other day. Went to check out and the dvd "The
    Apostate" rang up as 0.00(though the package clearly was marked 6.99). The
    cashier gave a blank look, asked the other cashier what to do, and he said
    to let me have it for 0.00. I've bought enough stuff over the years at Best
    Buy to not feel the least bit guilty about getting a cheap dvd for free...

    Chris Zabel, Nov 14, 2003
  11. >I heard no huff

    >Where's a huff?

    before the puff and the "blow your house down." - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Nov 15, 2003
  12. From on top of The Wall I yelled "YOU! YES YOU LASERandDVDfan
    <>! Stand still laddie. Oh, and which one is
    Pink?"
    >> I heard no huff
    >>
    >> Where's a huff?

    > before the puff and the "blow your house down." - Reinhart

    That's why I use bricks! -Demolition Man

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Nov 16, 2003