    would want to hear that, too.
    I, for one, keep going back to "my" Best Buy Store.
    Hubert.

    Hubert Borrmann, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Hubert Borrmann

    Morgan Guest

    I totally agree with leaving positive feedback. If you feel that the store
    and/or the employees went the extra-mile for you, remember their name, the
    date you were shopping, and the approximate time, and write a letter--not an
    email. Letters tend to be more noticed and responded to in a more personal
    manner. There are some stores I've written to commending them on their
    neatness, helpful and friendly staff, and my overall satisfaction with my
    shopping experience; and they will write back, thanking me for giving them
    my opinion, and sometimes they give me a gift card or two as a thank you
    gift. Target actually gave me $40.00 in gift certificates!
    I haven't had much of a positive experience leaving negative feedback. I've
    written Wal-Mart about five times about one of their stores, and they never
    respond (either to me directly, or by resolving the problem at the store).
    Occasionally they will send a "We're sorry you feel that way" card out, but
    in the end what does 'sorry' do? It doesn't make me want to shop there.
    Doesn't make me think their trying to resolve anything. Some stores simply
    don't care.
    So most of the time I leave the positive comments. I send two copies of the
    letter (one to the store, and one to their corporate offices). If you give
    them praise, but point out something bad, they seem more apt to write you
    back and telling you how they plan to make things better (i.e.. talking to
    the store manager or to the employees that weren't doing their job right, or
    whatever)..
    If you have the time, write them and give them your opinions, they may just
    help.

    Morgan

    Morgan, Jul 28, 2004

  3. "Morgan" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I totally agree with leaving positive feedback. If you feel that the store
    > and/or the employees went the extra-mile for you, remember their name, the
    > date you were shopping, and the approximate time, and write a letter--not an
    > email. Letters tend to be more noticed and responded to in a more personal
    > manner. There are some stores I've written to commending them on their
    > neatness, helpful and friendly staff, and my overall satisfaction with my
    > shopping experience; and they will write back, thanking me for giving them
    > my opinion, and sometimes they give me a gift card or two as a thank you
    > gift. Target actually gave me $40.00 in gift certificates!
    > I haven't had much of a positive experience leaving negative feedback. I've
    > written Wal-Mart about five times about one of their stores, and they never
    > respond (either to me directly, or by resolving the problem at the store).
    > Occasionally they will send a "We're sorry you feel that way" card out, but
    > in the end what does 'sorry' do? It doesn't make me want to shop there.
    > Doesn't make me think their trying to resolve anything. Some stores simply
    > don't care.
    > So most of the time I leave the positive comments. I send two copies of the
    > letter (one to the store, and one to their corporate offices). If you give
    > them praise, but point out something bad, they seem more apt to write you
    > back and telling you how they plan to make things better (i.e.. talking to
    > the store manager or to the employees that weren't doing their job right, or
    > whatever)..
    > If you have the time, write them and give them your opinions, they may just
    > help.
    >
    > Morgan
    >

    > "Hubert Borrmann" <> wrote in message
    > > Clear DayIt is a common known fact that complaints about a store or
    > > it's employees are posted. OK, but seldom are positive comments
    > > posted.
    > > I want to add, that I never forget that Best Buy was the first store
    > > here in the Twin Cities to stock and push the DVD format, back in 1997
    > > or so.
    > > Also I have encountered an occasional uninterested employee, but
    > > mostly was treated as I would want to be.
    > > This, of course, will vary from store to store and is probably
    > > directly related to the store managers attitude.
    > > Anybody who has a legitimate complaint should inform the manager. Also
    > > if you feel that you are treated well, as in a case where a girl
    > > employee kept on trying to find a wanted item, well the store manager
    > > would want to hear that, too.
    > > I, for one, keep going back to "my" Best Buy Store.
    > > Hubert.

    I highly recommend http://www.customerssuck.com Always gives me a
    good laugh.

    I work in radio broadcasting and we get complaints from stupid people
    all the time. We just framed the latest envelope that someone tried
    mailing to us. Here's how they addressed the envelope. Sorry but for
    privacy I've ommitted identifying details.

    Our Sports Station
    C/O Our Talk Radio Station Call Letters
    Our Bosses Name
    Addressed to TV station across town we don't even own
    Sent to the Capital City of our State where our offices aren't even
    are.

    Joseph Phillips, Jul 29, 2004