    appreciate easy to understand replies.
    TIA
    , Nov 9, 2003

  2. Oldus Fartus Guest

    In news:,
    <> wrote these words:

    | I wonder if I need to get the Best Buy Computer Tuneup? Has anyone
    | used this?
    | It's supposed to correct computer problems that we might not be aware
    | of. (Have Aptiva w/Windows 98).
    | I kept getting a message that the C drive is full (or almost full). I
    | can't even run the maintenance programs. (some say can't run because
    | converted to FAT 32, some say "something might be running in
    | background".

    OR.... the message is correct, and C: is full or nearly full. It is
    not because of FAT32 or other processes running.

    I've tried disabling Norton, and have used Spybot. Have
    | also deleted tons of stuff, pictures and programs, internet filles,
    | etc. but it fills right back up.

    It sounds like you just may not have deleted enough.

    | So I decided to get a new computer,
    | (Dell Dimensions 2400 w/windows Xp).

    Well the old one is getting a bit long in the tooth, but you could still
    get quite a lot of useful service out of it by backing up the data you
    want to keep, reformatting and re-installing Windows 98.

    I want to start transfering
    | the files to the new computer Monday and don't want to tranfer
    | problems from one computer to the new one. I'm not especially
    | computer literate so would appreciate easy to understand replies.
    | TIA

    What sort of files do you want to transfer? Any programs will have to
    be re-installed, but any data such as music, documents, pictures etc
    will be able to be transferred over without any problems. From the
    symptoms you have described your drive is simply full, or nearly full,
    so transferring data is not going to cause any problems with the new
    computer unless of course, you have a virus or worm on the old one.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Nov 10, 2003