  1. dr.dodge

    dr.dodge Guest

    Which is the best please?

    dr.dodge, Dec 7, 2005

  2. dr.dodge

    Chet Guest

    That's like asking about the "best" place to live or the "best" restaurant.
    It depends on your preferences and what you do with the browser.

    Chet, Dec 7, 2005

  3. dr.dodge

    Sydney Snail Guest

    Firefox by my reckonning. At first I was a little scared of changing
    browsers because IE is what I have known for years. With Firefox you can
    actually make the browser look more or less the same as IE but the
    difference of a spy-ware & virus free machine is worth the change. 3 months
    now with Firefox and not one spyware or virus has entered my system. You can
    get loads of extensions to the browser as well which improves your
    browsing - things like download managers, adblocks, the ability to remove
    specific pictures from websites and openning websites in tabs rather than
    seperate windows. Better still most websites will appear exactly how they
    appear in IE except Firefox will do a better job of blocking those horrible
    activeX controls that just install themselves on your computer.

    In short I would avoid Internet Explorer like an elephant-sized wasp and go
    for Firefox.

    Hope this Helps

    Syd

    Sydney Snail, Dec 7, 2005

  4. >
    > In short I would avoid Internet Explorer like an elephant-sized wasp and
    > go
    > for Firefox.
    >
    > Hope this Helps
    >
    > Syd

    Yup - Firefox here too. Although there are a few (very few) sites that will
    only work with IE.

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Dec 9, 2005
  5. dr.dodge

    Pc Rat Guest

    dr.dodge wrote:
    > Which is the best please?

    firefox

    www.mozilla.org
    it cant accept spyware unlike Internet explorer.

    Pc Rat, Dec 9, 2005
  6. dr.dodge

    Fakename Guest

    I find there's quite a few. It's too bad though, if developers would
    just code for standards this problem wouldn't exist.

    Fakename, Dec 10, 2005
  7. dr.dodge

    Fakename Guest

    Sure it can. I've had my firefox hijacked. It's just less likely.

    Fakename, Dec 10, 2005