Best Bang for the Buck CPU supporting a Socket 478 Pentium 4 Needed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Arawak, Mar 4, 2006.

  1. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    Got this system on Woot.com and I am looking for the Best Bang for the
    Buck CPU supporting a Socket 478 Pentium 4.
    SFF motherboard (DTK's DEFT-865G)
    -800MHz Intel NetBurst micro-architecture bus.
    -Hyper-Threading Technology supported.

    I will also need to buy some memory so any suggestions on type and
    vendor appreciated. Hoping to get 1GB inless there is a bargain to get
    2GB. Any other upgrade suggestions appreciated.

    Memory supported:
    Dual channel DDR Config consist of 2 DDR DIMM sockets
    Support DDR400/333 DIMMs up to 4GB.
    This is LAN party type extra PC so it doesn't have to have the best
    components but I do need it to be able to do some graphic and video
    editing.
    Horrible integrated Graphics controller in 865G GMCH (whatever that
    means), supporting 3D/2D enhancements. Accesses graphic data located
    in system memory @ 2.7 GB/s (DDR333) or 3.2GB/s (DDR400).

    MoBo has an AGP8X slot for a card which is NOT 3.3v.

    Power Supply is only rated at 220W.
    Only 1 extra PCI slot for upgrade.
    Arawak, Mar 4, 2006