    purchse for their canon a70/a80, I'd appreciate it.

    Thanks,
    v.
    vinci, Jan 7, 2004

  2. vinci

    SRA Guest

    For the A80 I prefer:

    Lowepro D-Res 10AW
    Caselogic ES2
    SRA, Jan 7, 2004

  3. vinci <> writes:
    >Hi there,
    >I've been doing some research about the 3rd party camera bags
    >available for the canon a80 and have come up with a few options.

    >1) Temrac 5691 http://www.tamrac.com/TamPhotChrt.pdf
    >2) Lowepro D-Res 8S
    >http://www.lowepro.com/download/D_Res_Matrix_lores_081403.pdf

    >The Temrac seems like the best one, but it's around 25 $CAN and
    >higher than the rest (around $15 CAN).

    The Tamrac 5691 is what I settled on. Nothing else I tried had enough
    room for the handgrip bulge unless it was too large for the rest of the
    camera. The Tamrac fits the camera nicely but has a cut-down front that
    also fits the handrip bulge. The zoom lever still tends to get caught a
    bit when inserting or removing the camera.

    The Tamrac is more expensive, but it's also better built - metal
    hardware instead of plastic.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, Jan 7, 2004
  4. vinci

    AMH Guest

    vinci <> wrote in message news:<M5QKb.11276$JQ1.6164@pd7tw1no>...
    > Hi there,
    > I've been doing some research about the 3rd party camera bags
    > available for the canon a80 and have come up with a few options.
    >
    > 1) Temrac 5691 http://www.tamrac.com/TamPhotChrt.pdf
    > 2) Lowepro D-Res 8S
    > http://www.lowepro.com/download/D_Res_Matrix_lores_081403.pdf
    >
    > 3) Few others from optex, roots canada, case logic.
    >
    > The Temrac seems like the best one, but it's around 25 $CAN and
    > higher than the rest (around $15 CAN).
    >
    > If anyone has any suggestions or insight about their camera bag/case
    > purchse for their canon a70/a80, I'd appreciate it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > v.

    Although I got it back in the 1980's for another camera I am happy
    with my Sun Dog bag. It is well padded and has a tie down top along
    with a velcro closure. I can get the A70, cable, 2 flash cards and 4
    batteries in the bag. Although it does not have seperate compartments
    for all the small objects, I can deal with it by making sure the top
    is closed. It must be 8-10 inches high by 6 inches across and 4 inches
    deep. Perhaps a bit bigger though.

    It isn't waterproof but thick enough that it can hold back rain from
    getting inside. All I need to do to make it waterproof is to put
    everything into a plastic bag.

    I don't know if the bag is still made but it has carried all of my
    point and shoot cameras for 16 years.

    Andy

    The bag
    AMH, Jan 7, 2004
  5. vinci wrote:

    > Hi there,
    > I've been doing some research about the 3rd party camera bags
    > available for the canon a80 and have come up with a few options.
    >
    > 1) Temrac 5691 http://www.tamrac.com/TamPhotChrt.pdf
    > 2) Lowepro D-Res 8S
    > http://www.lowepro.com/download/D_Res_Matrix_lores_081403.pdf
    >
    > 3) Few others from optex, roots canada, case logic.
    >
    > The Temrac seems like the best one, but it's around 25 $CAN and higher
    > than the rest (around $15 CAN).
    >
    > If anyone has any suggestions or insight about their camera bag/case
    > purchse for their canon a70/a80, I'd appreciate it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > v.

    I'm using an old Walkman case, exterior 14.5 x 4.5 x 10 cm. Comfortable
    space and I
    could easily tuck a spare card and maybe a spare battery set in there
    with it. It has a
    belt loop, but I carry it in a small shoulder bag with all my other
    necessities for the day.
    All the actual camera cases I saw were too bulky for my shoulder bag,
    too much
    padding and/or too much added dimension for accessories.
    Anthony Buckland, Jan 7, 2004
  6. vinci

    vinci Guest

    Thanks everyone.