    ones. I haven't found that DCE auto enhance does much automatically,
    and i can't really tell there's much difference before and after.

    What's the best one you tried?

    Mike Henley, Nov 3, 2004

  2. Mike Henley

    Aerticus Guest

    This is best summed up as the delegated thinking approach

    Find your programs and estimate the number of variable, the number of
    presets and hope that the delegation of the creative process coincides with
    your own easthetics

    On the other hand there is one leading image processing software with ratio
    of variable to presets as something huge to something small

    Aerticus

    Aerticus, Nov 3, 2004

  3. Mike Henley

    Alan Meyer Guest

    > It's simple, say I come back home, every day, with 78 random shots,
    > some indoors, some outdoors, some in sunshine, some in near dark, and
    > want to just put them through an automatic photo enhancer software
    > that'd do them the best possible (ie, adjust brightness, white
    > balance, colors, noise, sharpness... etc). And no, I don't have time
    > for doing each image individually.
    >
    > So far, I found the one step fix in Paintshop pro 8 to do the best job
    > at coming out with pleasing photos, sometimes even rescuing crappy
    > ones. I haven't found that DCE auto enhance does much automatically,
    > and i can't really tell there's much difference before and after.
    >
    > What's the best one you tried?

    Software that I've tried has mixed results. So if I ever did
    something like that, which I almost certainly wouldn't, I'd
    be sure to save the originals so I could recover from "enhancement"
    failures.

    It is possible that if there is a particular enhancement that seems
    to always work for you - then maybe there is a setting in
    your camera that will produce images closer to that. For
    example, some cameras allow you to set the "vividness" or
    saturation of the color, the brightness, and the contrast, and
    will remember your settings.

    Alan

    Alan Meyer, Nov 3, 2004
  4. I use PaintShopPro Ver 9.

    Matthew Dranchak, Nov 3, 2004
  5. Mike Henley

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    >It's simple, say I come back home, every day, with 78 random shots,
    >some indoors, some outdoors, some in sunshine, some in near dark, and
    >want to just put them through an automatic photo enhancer software
    >that'd do them the best possible (ie, adjust brightness, white
    >balance, colors, noise, sharpness... etc). And no, I don't have time
    >for doing each image individually.
    >
    >So far, I found the one step fix in Paintshop pro 8 to do the best job
    >at coming out with pleasing photos, sometimes even rescuing crappy
    >ones. I haven't found that DCE auto enhance does much automatically,
    >and i can't really tell there's much difference before and after.
    >
    >What's the best one you tried?

    Sorry, but my answer is - your own brain. Produce the best photographs
    possible in every situation, so that the "enhancement" is minimal, at best. A
    good image is far stronger than software can possibly produce. Just to take
    the camera's "auto" function for granted, will always leave you wanting.

    After that, Photoshop is the best that one can buy, however, it costs more
    than most consumer PnS cameras.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Nov 3, 2004
  6. Mike Henley

    Peter Winter Guest

    There is a program called "Photo D" from an Israeli Software Company!
    I personally did not work with it, but I saw an demonstration at Photokina
    which was quite unbelievable! It seams to be really expensive, but there is
    an "light version" for free download!

    http://www.klearvision.com/

    Peter Winter

    Peter Winter, Nov 3, 2004
  7. Mike Henley

    HRosita Guest

    >Mike Henley wrote:

    >What's the best one you tried?

    Elements 3.0 seems to be doing very well with the Enhance > Auto Smart Fix.

    It turned a 30 year old picture that had turned magenta to very acceptable
    colors.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Nov 3, 2004
  8. Mike Henley

    Aerticus Guest

    Hey - whad'yah Know

    Are you the same Hunt? If I am the same Aerticus?

    I share your sentiments - delegation of the creative process is OK for some
    (not me though :)

    Now then what d'you think of this?

    The missed oppertunity of the century or wot?

    The DNG of all other digital cameras is tah-de-de-de-daaahhhh psd?

    What say you?

    Aerticus

    Aerticus, Nov 3, 2004
  9. Mike Henley

    John F Guest

    Strangely enough, Paperport has a really decent one as part of the scanning
    software, which I use.

    John F, Nov 3, 2004
  10. Mike Henley

    John F Guest

    I'm really surprised Photoshop doesn't have one ??

    John F, Nov 3, 2004
  11. (Mike Henley) writes:

    > It's simple, say I come back home, every day, with 78 random shots,
    > some indoors, some outdoors, some in sunshine, some in near dark, and
    > want to just put them through an automatic photo enhancer software
    > that'd do them the best possible (ie, adjust brightness, white
    > balance, colors, noise, sharpness... etc). And no, I don't have time
    > for doing each image individually.
    >
    > So far, I found the one step fix in Paintshop pro 8 to do the best job
    > at coming out with pleasing photos, sometimes even rescuing crappy
    > ones. I haven't found that DCE auto enhance does much automatically,
    > and i can't really tell there's much difference before and after.
    >
    > What's the best one you tried?

    I haven't found one that's even minimally satisfactory. I can do
    better 99.9% of the time in 15 seconds with a really quick curves
    adjustment.

    What I usually do is use some of the preset actions in ThumbsPlus to
    automatically build proof copies, and then depending on the use
    (Snapshots? New client I'm trying to impress) manually improve the
    ones that I decide need it.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Nov 3, 2004
  12. Mike Henley

    Cynthia P Guest

    On 03 Nov 2004 14:57:34 GMT, et (HRosita) wrote:

    >>Mike Henley wrote:

    >>What's the best one you tried?

    >Elements 3.0 seems to be doing very well with the Enhance > Auto Smart Fix.
    >
    >It turned a 30 year old picture that had turned magenta to very acceptable
    >colors.

    I took a picture in a dark basement and Elements 3.0 did a pretty
    decent job on making it viewable and decent looking.

    Cynthia

    Cynthia P, Nov 5, 2004
  13. Mike Henley

    veprit

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    If you have a Mac, try our batch automatic photo enhancing software Photo Sense. Many people like most of its automatic results. If it gets it wrong, your can still adjust manually, and then synchronize your adjustments between images to save a lot of time. Non-destructive operation, batch processing, creative effects, etc.

    veprit, Aug 1, 2012