Best app or method to communicate detailed tasks?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by hugh jass, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. hugh jass

    hugh jass Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to find an efficient to communicate project tasks and status to
    my team (mostly my boss).

    Going to upgrade to ofc2003 soon (using ofcXP v.2002 and including visio,
    project 2000 now), but not sure what the best way is...

    It seems that Outlook is the best way to share tasks and calendars.
    Since my business development projects are ongoing (tasks are always
    changing and timelines are undefined), the Outlook format does not suit very
    well. I end up defining about 8 initiatives and then putting bullet points
    in the notes on curent status and next tasks.

    It seems that the ms project format would be better (hierarchical trees and
    leaves), but project does not seem best for sharing and dynamic tasks. Also
    doesn't seem appropriate since there isn't much space for notes and I don't
    require timelines.

    Can anyone suggest a solution?
    Perhaps another application or a hybrid of these?

    Thanks for your help,
    hj
    hugh jass, Mar 17, 2005