    does anyone have any suggestions??
    if not, looks like Norton 2005 for me.

    thanks in advance!
    the niner nation, Dec 14, 2004

  2. the niner nation

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "the niner nation" <> wrote in message
    news:cplms4$762$...
    | Hi..I now have broadband internet and have decided that i need to spend a
    | little extra on a decent anti-vrus program.
    | does anyone have any suggestions??
    | if not, looks like Norton 2005 for me.

    I use Norton. But I'd suggest Kaspersky or Panda. For real! If my Norton
    wasn't already paid for, I'd switch. See the following web site for reviews:
    http://www.software-antivirus.com/program/panda-antivirus-review.html

    Also, find a few other reviews. I'd get at least 2 or 3 more before I made
    my decision.
    Toolman Tim, Dec 14, 2004

  3. the niner nation

    °Mike° Guest

    Stay away from Norton and/or McAfee.

    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    NOD32
    http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:32:35 -0000, in
    <cplms4$762$>
    the niner nation scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 14, 2004
  4. the niner nation

    Miggsee Guest

    www.my-etrust.com

    Miggsee, Dec 14, 2004
  5. the niner nation

    Parko Guest

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:32:35 +0000, the niner nation wrote:

    > Hi..I now have broadband internet and have decided that i need to spend a
    > little extra on a decent anti-vrus program.
    > does anyone have any suggestions??
    > if not, looks like Norton 2005 for me.
    >

    > thanks in advance!

    http://www.linuxiso.org/
    No viruses, no malware, a truckload of free software.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    Parko, Dec 14, 2004
  6. the niner nation

    Mr Spite Guest

    does everything pay programs do but it's free...

    Mr Spite, Dec 14, 2004
  7. the niner nation

    WormWood Guest

    Don't spend anything....AVG7 is FREE. There is a 30 day trial pay
    version but you don't need it.

    Save your shekels; no Norton or McAfee.

    WormWood, Dec 14, 2004
  8. the niner nation

    M Guest

    This one is free for one year http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/

    M, Dec 14, 2004
  9. M wrote:
    > This one is free for one year http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/
    >
    > "the niner nation" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi..I now have broadband internet and have decided that i need to spend a
    >>little extra on a decent anti-vrus program.
    >>does anyone have any suggestions??
    >>if not, looks like Norton 2005 for me.
    >>

    >>thanks in advance!

    problems or anything getting past it. They have a free verison also.
    Joseph McQuade Sr., Dec 15, 2004