    web pages but find them hard to navigate
    and could not find this info.

    thanks

    michael, Nov 24, 2004

  2. michael said the following on 25/11/2004 09:50:
    > Hi
    > which isp can supply fixed ip addresses?
    > which isp provides the cheapest service
    > (ie domain name and ip address)
    >
    > i tried looking through Telecom's and Xtra's
    > web pages but find them hard to navigate
    > and could not find this info.
    >
    > thanks

    Telecom are the mot expensive for any domain hosting.

    Talk to Orcon, they might be in a low for service at the moment as they
    deal with the peak load produced by the UBS and Telecoms stuffing them
    around, but generally they will be a good provider.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Nov 24, 2004

  3. michael wrote:
    > which isp can supply fixed ip addresses?
    > which isp provides the cheapest service
    > (ie domain name and ip address)

    > i tried looking through Telecom's and Xtra's
    > web pages but find them hard to navigate
    > and could not find this info.

    for what type of connection?
    I'll lease you a static for US$0.50 a month but it'll be f'ing useless
    without a connection or routing.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 24, 2004
  4. michael

    michael Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > michael wrote:
    >
    >> which isp can supply fixed ip addresses?
    >> which isp provides the cheapest service
    >> (ie domain name and ip address)

    >> i tried looking through Telecom's and Xtra's
    >> web pages but find them hard to navigate
    >> and could not find this info.

    > for what type of connection?
    > I'll lease you a static for US$0.50 a month but it'll be f'ing useless
    > without a connection or routing.

    I've currently got the jet surf 2mb 10gig plan.
    Telecom have finally got back to me and said
    I cannot have a fixed IP on this plan.(typical! - dont let your
    customers have what they want... nother subject...)

    michael, Nov 25, 2004
  5. michael said the following on 25/11/2004 14:03:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> michael wrote:
    >>
    >>> which isp can supply fixed ip addresses?
    >>> which isp provides the cheapest service
    >>> (ie domain name and ip address)

    >>> i tried looking through Telecom's and Xtra's
    >>> web pages but find them hard to navigate
    >>> and could not find this info.

    >> for what type of connection?
    >> I'll lease you a static for US$0.50 a month but it'll be f'ing
    >> useless without a connection or routing.

    > I've currently got the jet surf 2mb 10gig plan.
    > Telecom have finally got back to me and said
    > I cannot have a fixed IP on this plan.(typical! - dont let your
    > customers have what they want... nother subject...)

    Use DNS2GO at deerfield, it allowed me to use anything that needed a
    fixed IP okay.
    But if you are with Telescum and you run a server on the system then
    expect a visit from the Black Suites, took them about a month to offend
    me and cause me to move myself and all my business customers out of
    Telecom/Xtra

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Nov 25, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    Collector»NZ <> wrote:

    >But if you are with Telescum and you run a server on the system then
    >expect a visit from the Black Suites, took them about a month to offend
    >me and cause me to move myself and all my business customers out of
    >Telecom/Xtra

    What was their reason for visiting you? Is there something in the terms
    of service that prohibits you running a server?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Nov 27, 2004
  7. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro said the following on 27/11/2004 22:53:
    > In article <>,
    > Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    >

    >>But if you are with Telescum and you run a server on the system then
    >>expect a visit from the Black Suites, took them about a month to offend
    >>me and cause me to move myself and all my business customers out of
    >>Telecom/Xtra

    > What was their reason for visiting you? Is there something in the terms
    > of service that prohibits you running a server?

    I had a server, it was poping mail from my pop on thier account, Iwas
    also running DynDNS to allow me to get to my systems from outside and
    yes the T&C says no servers, but I asked when joining and was todl that
    my systems where acceptable under the arrangement I had.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Nov 27, 2004