    player that plays ALL regions as well as European PAL on a U.S. televison.
    Much thanks,

    , Apr 7, 2006

  2. Mike S. Guest

    In article <20060407030722.360$>, <> wrote:
    >I'm in the market for a good all region player and I see there's a few out
    >there. I hear that not all sellers of these players use the same
    >modification methods. Can someone steer me towards a good player and
    >reputable company. One name I got was 220 Electronics. I'm looking for a
    >player that plays ALL regions as well as European PAL on a U.S. televison.
    >Much thanks,

    The best I've seen are the Pioneer units. The current model suitable for
    modification, but still priced reasonably, is the DV-588A. It plays all
    formats including DVD-audio, SACD, DiVX, JPEG, etc; does flawless NTSC/PAL
    conversion, and delivers picture quality a couple of notches above the
    mass-market Chinese-designed players like Cyberhome or even the low-end
    Philips unit. I've dealt with 220 Electronics and had no problem; another
    modification expert (probbaly _the_ expert) is www.jvb.nl, who have a US
    branch that ships modified units domestically.

    Mike S., Apr 7, 2006

  3. Richard C. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm in the market for a good all region player and I see there's a few out
    > there. I hear that not all sellers of these players use the same
    > modification methods. Can someone steer me towards a good player and
    > reputable company. One name I got was 220 Electronics. I'm looking for a
    > player that plays ALL regions as well as European PAL on a U.S. televison.
    > Much thanks,

    =======================
    I just bought one of these:
    http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/pioneer578.html

    Delivery was fast and it plays EVERYTHING.
    including DVD-A and SACD and WMA.

    Richard C., Apr 7, 2006
  4. Guest

    "Richard C." <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > I'm in the market for a good all region player and I see there's a few
    > > out there. I hear that not all sellers of these players use the same
    > > modification methods. Can someone steer me towards a good player and
    > > reputable company. One name I got was 220 Electronics. I'm looking
    > > for a player that plays ALL regions as well as European PAL on a U.S.
    > > televison. Much thanks,

    > =======================
    > I just bought one of these:
    > http://www.regioncodefreedvd.com/pioneer578.html
    >
    > Delivery was fast and it plays EVERYTHING.
    > including DVD-A and SACD and WMA.

    I too was looking over the Pioneers. Always had good luck with their
    products. Thank you guys a bunch for helping out. My order goes in today
    for Pioneer. :)

    , Apr 7, 2006
  5. markymark Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm in the market for a good all region player and I see there's a few out
    > there. I hear that not all sellers of these players use the same
    > modification methods. Can someone steer me towards a good player and
    > reputable company. One name I got was 220 Electronics. I'm looking for a
    > player that plays ALL regions as well as European PAL on a U.S. televison.
    > Much thanks,

    I'm very happy with my Oppo and it's hard to find a better player,
    especially at anywhere near its price. Check out the secrets shootout
    here for info:
    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi?function=search&articles=124

    Oppo's website:
    http://www.oppodigital.com/

    Two online vendors that I can vouche for:
    http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/xq/asp/pid.90/qx/details.htm
    http://www.extremephono.com/Oppo_DV971.htm

    The player is also available at Amazon.com (like everything else under
    the sun these days ;)

    markymark, Apr 8, 2006