Best affordable ISP/plan for P2P?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jamie Kahn Genet, Jan 1, 2008.

  1. Does any ISP in NZ offer something suitable? I don't want to pay more
    than $100 a month.

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jan 1, 2008

  2. Jamie Kahn Genet

    EMB Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > Does any ISP in NZ offer something suitable? I don't want to pay more
    > than $100 a month.

    $100/month will get you 50GiB at FS/FS, or 66GiB at 128kb/FS with xnet.
    EMB, Jan 1, 2008

  3. Jamie Kahn Genet

    lolinternet Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > Does any ISP in NZ offer something suitable? I don't want to pay more
    > than $100 a month.

    Unanswerable question really.

    "P2P" isn't a measurable factor. Any internet connection will do it.

    You either want n speed, or n amount of data transfer, no shaping or a
    combination of these.
    lolinternet, Jan 2, 2008
  4. lolinternet <> wrote:

    > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > Does any ISP in NZ offer something suitable? I don't want to pay more
    > > than $100 a month.

    > Unanswerable question really.
    >
    > "P2P" isn't a measurable factor. Any internet connection will do it.
    >
    > You either want n speed, or n amount of data transfer, no shaping or a
    > combination of these.

    As good as I can possiblly get for $100 or less per month. I'm hoping
    other P2Pers will have advice.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jan 2, 2008
  5. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Jamie Kahn Genet" <> wrote in message
    > lolinternet <> wrote:
    >
    >> Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    >> > Does any ISP in NZ offer something suitable? I don't want to pay more
    >> > than $100 a month.

    >> Unanswerable question really.
    >>
    >> "P2P" isn't a measurable factor. Any internet connection will do it.
    >>
    >> You either want n speed, or n amount of data transfer, no shaping or a
    >> combination of these.

    > As good as I can possiblly get for $100 or less per month. I'm hoping
    > other P2Pers will have advice.

    Hmm Ihug has 30 gig for $90 if you use them for tolls. $150 for 60 gigs..but
    thats outside your price range.
    Craig Sutton, Jan 2, 2008
  6. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Greg Guest

    Good luck, if you find an ISP that doesn't traffic shape P2P let everyone
    else know.

    Greg

    Greg, Jan 2, 2008