    ease of use for both left handed and eyes and right handed and eyed
    users. And that would include the Panasonic FZ4, FZ20, along with the
    Minolta Z's and the Canon and also includes Olympus.

    measekite, Apr 10, 2005

  2. measekite

    Boch Guest

    Its a good camera...But not good enough to get my money...My 4 and 5....Are
    Nikon-5700/4500...

    --
    _________________-
    BOCH

    Boch, Apr 10, 2005

  3. measekite

    Ron Hunter Guest

    measekite wrote:
    > Is the Panasonic FZ5 the best 4 or 5MP Point and Shoot camera when you
    > account for size, weight, balance, noise, features, image quality and
    > ease of use for both left handed and eyes and right handed and eyed
    > users. And that would include the Panasonic FZ4, FZ20, along with the
    > Minolta Z's and the Canon and also includes Olympus.

    There is no good answer to that, given that we don't know the size of
    your hands, personal preferences, or other physical characteristics
    which affect ones 'best camera' choices. Since you mention more than
    one user, the choice becomes a compromise, at best.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Apr 10, 2005
  4. measekite wrote:
    > Is the Panasonic FZ5 the best 4 or 5MP Point and Shoot camera when you
    > account for size, weight, balance, noise, features, image quality and
    > ease of use for both left handed and eyes and right handed and eyed
    > users. And that would include the Panasonic FZ4, FZ20, along with the
    > Minolta Z's and the Canon and also includes Olympus.

    You can't answer the question as asked. Suppose you want 28mm wide-angle
    coverage? Suppose don't need a long telephoto lens? Suppose you want a
    swivel viewfinder? For me, the FZ5 /is/ the best 5MP long-zoom camera,
    but I also have a Nikon 8400 for the wide-angle 8MP shots....

    David

    David J Taylor, Apr 10, 2005
  5. measekite

    measekite Guest

    David J Taylor wrote:

    >measekite wrote:
    >

    >>Is the Panasonic FZ5 the best 4 or 5MP Point and Shoot camera when you
    >>account for size, weight, balance, noise, features, image quality and
    >>ease of use for both left handed and eyes and right handed and eyed
    >>users. And that would include the Panasonic FZ4, FZ20, along with the
    >>Minolta Z's and the Canon and also includes Olympus.
    >>

    >You can't answer the question as asked. Suppose you want 28mm wide-angle

    In the future I plan on getting a Rebel XT or a Canon D20. This
    possible purchase is for now and for taking pics of family outings. My
    main concern is about reports of excessive noise of the FZ5 over ISO 100
    that borders on unacceptable.

    >coverage? Suppose don't need a long telephoto lens? Suppose you want a
    >swivel viewfinder?

    I do but I cannot have everything right now.

    >For me, the FZ5 /is/ the best 5MP long-zoom camera,

    Actually I wish, at the same price, weight, and size that the FZ5 opened
    to 28mm (35mm equivalent), has a swival and larger lcd, had the evf in
    the center or the right side, had very low noise all of the to ISO400
    and had a removabled hot shoe like theNikon F2.

    I am also sure that after using one I could think of other things.

    measekite, Apr 10, 2005
  6. measekite

    Ron Hunter Guest

    measekite wrote:

    > David J Taylor wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:
    >>

    >>> Is the Panasonic FZ5 the best 4 or 5MP Point and Shoot camera when you
    >>> account for size, weight, balance, noise, features, image quality and
    >>> ease of use for both left handed and eyes and right handed and eyed
    >>> users. And that would include the Panasonic FZ4, FZ20, along with the
    >>> Minolta Z's and the Canon and also includes Olympus.
    >>>

    >> You can't answer the question as asked. Suppose you want 28mm wide-angle
    >>

    > In the future I plan on getting a Rebel XT or a Canon D20. This
    > possible purchase is for now and for taking pics of family outings. My
    > main concern is about reports of excessive noise of the FZ5 over ISO 100
    > that borders on unacceptable.
    >

    >> coverage? Suppose don't need a long telephoto lens? Suppose you want
    >> a swivel viewfinder?

    > I do but I cannot have everything right now.
    >
    >> For me, the FZ5 /is/ the best 5MP long-zoom camera,
    >>

    > Actually I wish, at the same price, weight, and size that the FZ5 opened
    > to 28mm (35mm equivalent), has a swival and larger lcd, had the evf in
    > the center or the right side, had very low noise all of the to ISO400
    > and had a removabled hot shoe like theNikon F2.
    >
    > I am also sure that after using one I could think of other things.
    >
    >> but I also have a Nikon 8400 for the wide-angle 8MP shots....
    >>
    >> David

    You may find that the first digital you buy is just a learning tool to
    find out what is really important to you, and what you really want, and
    need. I started with an early model digital, and waited until all the
    features I wanted in a new one were available at my price point, then
    made my selection. Even in that case, the result is a compromise
    between wants, reality, and price.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Apr 10, 2005
  7. measekite

    Markeau Guest

    "measekite" <> wrote in message
    > In the future I plan on getting a Rebel XT or a Canon D20. This
    > possible purchase is for now and for taking pics of family outings.
    > My main concern is about reports of excessive noise of the FZ5 over
    > ISO 100 that borders on unacceptable.

    In that case I would get an easily pocketable subcompact ... I have a
    Canon S400 which can be easily pocketed and carried
    anywhere/everywhere. Many, many times others have said their camera
    was "in the car, at home, not with them" (because it was too much to
    carry, too big, etc) and could I send them copies of pics I was
    taking. And, on top of that, it takes really great pics.

    I would dearly love a more functional, SLR-type digital with nice lens
    but instead have decided on getting another sub-compact with more
    resolution, like the Panasonic FX7 (or maybe wait until they up the
    megapixels in this formfactor).

    Markeau, Apr 10, 2005
  8. measekite

    measekite Guest

    Markeau wrote:

    > "measekite" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> In the future I plan on getting a Rebel XT or a Canon D20. This
    >> possible purchase is for now and for taking pics of family outings.
    >> My main concern is about reports of excessive noise of the FZ5 over
    >> ISO 100 that borders on unacceptable.

    > In that case I would get an easily pocketable subcompact ... I have a
    > Canon S400 which can be easily pocketed and carried
    > anywhere/everywhere. Many, many times others have said their camera
    > was "in the car, at home, not with them" (because it was too much to
    > carry, too big, etc) and could I send them copies of pics I was
    > taking. And, on top of that, it takes really great pics.

    How much larger and more pain in the ass is the FZ5 over your S400?

    measekite, Apr 11, 2005
  9. measekite

    Markeau Guest

    "measekite" <> wrote in message
    > How much larger and more pain in the ass is the FZ5 over your S400?

    The FZ5 is not look much larger than the Canon S400 (same size as the
    S500), but from the specs and pics of the FZ5 it does not look like I
    could comfortably fit it in my front pants/shorts pocket as I can the
    S400 all day (like walking all up/down the Vegas strip) with no
    problems - I just can't carry/shoulder a camera bag, so an in-pants
    solution is really the way to go for me. It really is cool to always
    have a really good camera on-hand. But, that all said, if I ever get
    to the point of carrying a (smallish) man-bag, then it will probably
    have an FZ5 in it :)

    Canon S500: 3.4 x 2.2 x 1.1 in
    Pan FZ5: 4 x 2.7 x 3.3 in
    Pan FX7: 3.7 x 2 x 0.9 in