    Messages:
    4
    i bought the creative labs t2900 a year ago, btu i want something with a little more punch. i was thinking along the lines of a cheap but still somewhat powerful 2.1 system. ive been listening to the creative 3300's in best buy and they sound pretty decent over my 2900's but i heard they dont have all that great mid-range. any suggestions?

    Poppn, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Poppn

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Silverstrand, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Poppn

    Poppn

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2005
    Messages:
    4
    200 watts, damn...sadly im really restricted to 100 bucks flat

    Poppn, Jul 6, 2005
  4. Poppn

    Ludnix

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    Messages:
    125
    Location:
    Eureka California
    You should get a job or something then, my friend has the Klipsch and they are nice.

    Ludnix, Jul 8, 2005
  5. Poppn

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Bio-Hazard, Jul 8, 2005
  6. Poppn

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I have my old Omni 2.1, they were 40 bucks AU when i got them :D about 3 yrs ago!!! :D, they have max bass and pwn :D ( i don't remember the wattage :|)

    unholy, Jul 8, 2005
  7. Poppn

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    Damn, these are realy good speakers for that price!

    zachig, Jul 10, 2005
  8. Poppn

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Do yourself a favor....

    Klipsch makes some of the best computer speakers period. You might find the 2.1 set on sale for close to $100. I know this because I ordered a 4.1 set directly from Klipsch at a discount as they were refurbrished and pretty cheap. I own three sets of Klipsch speakers for computers, and one surround sound system for our plasma TV. I used to work at JBL, so I have a good idea of what quality sound is all about. I would recommend JBL speakers, but they are more expensive than Klipsch, and they don't compare favorably with the current JBL lineup.
    So, get the Klipsch and you will be happy with the tight bass and clear highs. Don't settle for mushy bass and muddled highs, or distortion you get from the cheaper speakers. :?

    bigal, Jul 10, 2005
  9. Poppn

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    or you could go wild and have a Pwnage 15 inch 600 watt subs with a 1000w amp... :D

    unholy, Jul 11, 2005
  10. Poppn

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    That might be a bit of over kill for a PC maybe, you think.

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 11, 2005
  11. Poppn

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    tis not powered by the PC, but the wall SOCKET :D

    unholy, Jul 13, 2005
  12. Poppn

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Now, unholy, calm down and take deep breaths, I think someone should close this topic....for all our protection....yes from unholy :p

    Flukemanguy, Jul 19, 2005