    paora Guest

    I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.
    paora, Apr 13, 2005

  2. paora

    CSE Guest

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:20:06 GMT, (paora) wrote:

    >I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    >imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.

    Yes Philips Laser last about 12 months..
    CSE, Apr 13, 2005

  3. paora

    Invisible Guest

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:52:47 +1200, CSE <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:20:06 GMT, (paora) wrote:
    >

    >>I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    >>imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.
    >>

    >Yes Philips Laser last about 12 months..

    Define 12 months of usage. Your 12 months of porno burning usage could = 5 years
    of someone else's.
    Invisible, Apr 13, 2005
  4. paora

    cowboyz Guest

    CSE wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:20:06 GMT, (paora) wrote:
    >

    >> I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    >> imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.
    >>

    > Yes Philips Laser last about 12 months..

    In 12 months something better will be here anyway so whats your point?
    cowboyz, Apr 13, 2005
  5. paora

    paora Guest

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:32:07 +1200, Invisible <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:52:47 +1200, CSE <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:20:06 GMT, (paora) wrote:
    >>

    >>>I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    >>>imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.
    >>>

    >>Yes Philips Laser last about 12 months..
    >>

    >Define 12 months of usage. Your 12 months of porno burning usage could = 5 years
    >of someone else's.

    My OLD 2speed HP cdwriter (rebadged Philips) was still working the
    last time I used it - that was supposed to be a piece of shit.
    paora, Apr 13, 2005
  6. paora

    thing Guest

    CSE wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:20:06 GMT, (paora) wrote:
    >

    >>I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    >>imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.
    >>

    > Yes Philips Laser last about 12 months..

    These are supposed to be Benq's re-badged as Philps and not Philip's
    re-badged as benq.

    At <$100 today I could buy one, in 12 months it will be <$60, and end up
    with 2 x 1 year warrantees. Or I could get a $150~$160 one today and
    only get a year warrantee...

    Considering I will be burning a handful of dvds a month at most, I know
    which makes sense to me...hello Benq...besides which there is the sale
    of goods act....

    regards

    thing.
    thing, Apr 13, 2005
  7. paora

    CSE Guest

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:44:03 +1200, thing <> wrote:

    >CSE wrote:
    >> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:20:06 GMT, (paora) wrote:
    >>

    >>>I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    >>>imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.
    >>>

    >> Yes Philips Laser last about 12 months..
    >>

    >These are supposed to be Benq's re-badged as Philps and not Philip's
    >re-badged as benq.
    >
    >At <$100 today I could buy one, in 12 months it will be <$60, and end up
    >with 2 x 1 year warrantees. Or I could get a $150~$160 one today and
    >only get a year warrantee...
    >
    >Considering I will be burning a handful of dvds a month at most, I know
    >which makes sense to me...hello Benq...besides which there is the sale
    >of goods act....
    >
    >regards
    >
    >thing.

    The CGA cost money to and is not 100% clear on the protection it provides..
    CSE, Apr 13, 2005
  8. paora

    colinco Guest

    In article thing says...
    > These are supposed to be Benq's re-badged as Philps and not Philip's
    > re-badged as benq.

    Joint venture, Philips make parts like chipset and optical pickup and
    Benq do the actual drive manufacturing for both.
    colinco, Apr 13, 2005
  9. > The CGA cost money to and is not 100% clear on the protection it provides..

    Try speaking English. Cost money to .... ? What ??
    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Apr 14, 2005
  10. paora

    Richard Guest

    paora wrote:
    > I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    > imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.

    Mines great, very accurate CD rips, and reads rental DVDs quite well, ones that
    wont play without pixelating on the standalone player.
    Richard, Apr 14, 2005
  11. paora

    John Guest

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:52:47 +1200, CSE wrote:

    > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:20:06 GMT, (paora) wrote:

    >>I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    >>imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.

    > Yes Philips Laser last about 12 months..

    That's okay Roger the drive has a TWO year warranty:)

    Regards,
    John.
    John, Apr 14, 2005
  12. In article <1113373366.309ed33f2cd550b9fde27a3b4314305d@teranews>,
    (paora) wrote:

    >I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    >imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.

    Thenq for Benq!
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 16, 2005
  13. On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:14:58 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <1113373366.309ed33f2cd550b9fde27a3b4314305d@teranews>,
    > (paora) wrote:
    >
    >>I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    >>imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.

    >Thenq for Benq!

    A lot of cheap writers have high error rates
    I just finished reading reviews for Liteon and Samsung models
    Cheap as chips but both have problems producing a quality DVD on
    certain media

    so when poeople say "you can get a DVD writer now for only $75" check
    what you actually are getting
    FreedomChooser, Apr 16, 2005
  14. paora

    paora Guest

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:49:59 +1200, FreedomChooser
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:14:58 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    ><_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <1113373366.309ed33f2cd550b9fde27a3b4314305d@teranews>,
    >> (paora) wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am so fucking absolutely satisfied with this cheap writer I can't
    >>>imagine why people would pay more for a 'fancy' brand.

    >>Thenq for Benq!

    >A lot of cheap writers have high error rates
    >I just finished reading reviews for Liteon and Samsung models
    >Cheap as chips but both have problems producing a quality DVD on
    >certain media
    >
    >so when poeople say "you can get a DVD writer now for only $75" check
    >what you actually are getting

    The only problem I've had with my Benq has been with using Nero
    software and then it may not be Nero's fault. I was using Nero for a
    while without any problems and then more often than not I was getting
    write errors. I haven't figured out why Nero decided to 'suck' for me
    but I've been using other software without any problem. All my dvds
    written on my Benq writer work 100% on my two standalone players and
    two dvdrom players.

    I've been using Ricoh and Cyqve media and they work okay - the latter
    brand is popular and as cheap as they come.

    PS. I should add that previoulsly I had burn speed problems with dvd-r
    media but that seems to be no longer the case.
    paora, Apr 17, 2005