    work properly?

    Cheers,

    <M>
    Guest, Jun 23, 2007

  2. Guest

    Unique Guest

    <M> <M> wrote in message:
    ,

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've bought an OEM Benq (Liteon) DC DW1670 for use in a Windows XP
    > (SP2) system but the PC doesn't permit writing to the device. None of
    > my DVD burning software recognises the device as a recordable drive.
    > Device Manager shows it as a ATAPI DVD DC 16x8x5 drive. I can play
    > DVD's with it.
    >

    > Are there any drivers out there I need to be installing to get this
    > work properly?
    >

    > Cheers,
    >

    > <M>

    Typically the software that comes with a DVD burner also installs a
    driver, so even if you're not going to use that software you still need
    to install it.

    And Benq recorders suck, so I would recommend that you not even bother
    with it. I know this because I have one that I quit using. I bought it
    because it was cheap, but had to replace it with something decent.
    Unique, Jun 23, 2007

  3. Guest

    Bill Guest

    > I've bought an OEM Benq (Liteon) DC DW1670 for use in a Windows XP
    > (SP2) system but the PC doesn't permit writing to the device.
    >
    > Are there any drivers out there I need to be installing to get this
    > work properly?

    Your Windows XP system should recognize/install an appropriate driver
    for this type of device immediately following installation/initial bootup.

    The following forum, at cdfreaks.com, may be able to offer additional
    assistance:
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92
    Bill, Jun 24, 2007