BenQ DVD Re-Writer installer error. Please help.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Some1, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. Some1

    Some1 Guest

    While trying to install the Sonic Record Now software that came bundled with
    the BenQ DVD burner, I've got the following error message:

    Subsystem of Windows 16 bits
    C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not appropriate to run
    MS-DOS and Windows applications.
    Choose "Close" to end the application.
    Close Omit

    The OS is Windows 2000 Pro SP4 Spanish version

    I was unable to find the AUTOEXEC.NT file in that folder.

    If someone can give me a hint on what's going on and how to solve it, I
    would appreciate it.

    Thanks!

    --
    Some1
    Some1, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Some1

    Some1 Guest

    Ok. I've already found the information I was looking for at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

    --
    Some1

    Some1, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Some1

    Donald Guest

    easy way is search autoexec.nt copy and paste in windows/system32

    Donald, Jul 1, 2005