    work properly?

    Cheers,

    <M>

    Guest, Jun 23, 2007

  2. Guest

    babaloo Guest

    Two options:
    In control panel/device manager delete the device and reboot.
    See if the device will work in another computer.
    If both of these fail, and you are using the device properly, it is
    defective.

    babaloo, Jun 23, 2007

  3. Guest

    Neil Green Guest

    "<M>" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've bought an OEM Benq (Liteon) DC DW1670 for use
    > in a Windows XP
    > (SP2) system but the PC doesn't permit writing to
    > the device. None of
    > my DVD burning software recognises the device as a
    > recordable drive.
    > Device Manager shows it as a ATAPI DVD DC 16x8x5
    > drive. I can play
    > DVD's with it.
    >
    > Are there any drivers out there I need to be
    > installing to get this to
    > work properly?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > <M>

    It's more than likely a limitation with your burning
    software.
    If XP recognises the drive, which it does, and you can
    play DVDs then it is cabled and jumpered correctly.
    Try writing some files to a CD using XP's native CD
    writing feature.
    If that works then the problem is definately with your
    other software.
    Update your burning software or install a trial
    version of the latest Nero and try a DVD again.

    Neil Green, Jun 23, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for the input. What it turned out to be was that although my
    day-to-day account is a power user, it didn't have permissions to
    write to the drive. When I logged on as the admin account it all
    worked fine. All I need to do know is assign the appropriate
    permissions to my user account!

    Cheers,

    <M>

    Guest, Jul 18, 2007