    says you can edit and modify the playlist rather than the original disc.
    what is the purpose of this? my recorder does not have a hard drive if that
    matters. thanks
    MauiJNP, Jan 3, 2005

  2. MauiJNP

    Jon Purkey Guest

    On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:23:25 -0500, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:

    >what is the benefit or purpose of having playlists for discs? my recorder
    >says you can edit and modify the playlist rather than the original disc.
    >what is the purpose of this? my recorder does not have a hard drive if that
    >matters. thanks

    All I've ever used a playlist for is creating a list of songs from
    shows/movies I want to record to tape. I first set chapter breaks at
    the start and end of every song. I then create a playlist of those
    chapters in the order I want them played. Works well.

    I suppose you could also use a Playlist if you record a bunch of shows
    out of episode order. You could use a playlist to have the episodes
    played in the correct order.

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)
    Jon Purkey, Jan 3, 2005

  3. MauiJNP

    Guest

    Playlists are like indexes to your favorite shows. If your home
    recorder has a hard drive it is better to dub from a playlist specific
    chapters.

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 13:49:03 -0500, Jon Purkey <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:23:25 -0500, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:
    >
    >>what is the benefit or purpose of having playlists for discs? my recorder
    >>says you can edit and modify the playlist rather than the original disc.
    >>what is the purpose of this? my recorder does not have a hard drive if that
    >>matters. thanks

    >All I've ever used a playlist for is creating a list of songs from
    >shows/movies I want to record to tape. I first set chapter breaks at
    >the start and end of every song. I then create a playlist of those
    >chapters in the order I want them played. Works well.
    >
    >I suppose you could also use a Playlist if you record a bunch of shows
    >out of episode order. You could use a playlist to have the episodes
    >played in the correct order.
    >

    >-
    >-Jon Purkey - <)
    > For a quicker reply by email please use the
    > address found here: http://tinyurl.com/o8ka
    , Jan 4, 2005