Benchmarks, you know ya wanna post em ;)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RObErT_RaTh, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    After a LOT of testing today I think I have finally settled on the safest stable overclocks for my system and it has definately paid off by increasing my performance to a level I'm happy with. Stock scores are as follows:
    3dmark03: 7255
    3dmark05: 3252
    Aquamark3: 42,555
    Overclocked scores are as follows:
    3dmark03: 8100
    3dmark05: 3615
    Aquamark3: 46,686
    And this is from the following system:
    Athlon XP 2500+ (1860MHz @ 1.65V Stock)
    NF7-S Rev 2.0 motherboard
    2x 256MB generic 333MHz
    Asus N6600GT (500/900 stock)
    Seagate 160GB
    Overclocked settings and misc settings:
    2500+ OC'd to 2205MHz @ 1.675V (~3200+)
    FSB: 200MHz
    Multiplier: 11
    Chipset voltage @ 1.7V (1.6V stock)
    Ram voltage @ 2.7V (2.6V stock)
    To check for stability I ran a series of tests including 3dmark03, 3dmark05, and aquamark3 in succession over and over again. Also using the arithmetic and multimedia cpu burn-in wizard from Sandra SiSoft which I also plan to run overnight for final checks. All this with stock heatsinks and cooling so I am pretty happy for now. Hopefully when I implement my water cooling I can get some more performance out of it.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 14, 2005

  2. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i need a better chipset cooler to mark any good overclocks... not to worry a DFI lanparty is coming my way :D

    unholy, Sep 15, 2005

  3. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    not without Tyson it isnt :p

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  4. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    no i am paying for it :p i have a well paying job ross :p

    unholy, Sep 15, 2005
  5. RObErT_RaTh

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    i am too embarassed to post my score:).

    PUTALE, Sep 15, 2005
  6. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol :D

    unholy, Sep 15, 2005
  7. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Don't be, everyone has to start somewhere ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  8. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    ive only tested mine in 3dMark 01 and 03. i doubt 05 would even go, with the crappy score i got in 03 :(
    3DMark 01 - 13093
    3DMark 03 - 4906
    AMD N-Bench 3 - 2205 Overall
    Thats about all the benchmarking ive done so far. Overclocking isnt high priority at the moment, need to make it faster before i overclock it :p more ram, and ill need some decent cooling. im using stock cooling now, and it sits on 31 degrees idle and up to 38 under load :(

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  9. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    38 load aint bad, mate you should hear what I get :p
    If it doesn't go over 60 it isn't gonna hurt or damage performance, trust me mate.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  10. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    i know that, i know its fine at the moment, but soon as summer comes around, if i overclock it im ****ed :p

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  11. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Where can I get a copy of 3DMark or any other good benchmarking utlities? Everywhere I've seen they cost an arm and a leg. <nudge nudge>

    The Modfather, Sep 15, 2005
  12. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  13. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Gotta love 500+ kb/sec :D I'll have it in 3 minutes :p

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  14. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    god damn you... i only get 160kbs :(
    I just remembered something. You know how i said "good luck finding free pro versions"? That just reminded me of Limewire, which you can download the Pro version for, off limewire :)

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  15. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    It also depends what server, my connection is only good if I can access stuff on decent servers :?

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  16. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I know what you mean. Imagine living in Hong Kong and having a 1 Gigabit net connection. Trying to download a 700mb movie or whatever off limewire, and getting 1kbs :|

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  17. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    What do you get in N-Bench V3 again? I just got 2556, that good? :?

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  18. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    that overall? i got about 2205. i dunno if its good, but you see what it compares to? :p anAthlon 1Ghz with a GeForce 2 GTS, lol

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  19. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Yeh it is fair old school :D How long ago was it made?
    And yes that score was the overall one.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  20. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Did you do the Demo? that ninja thing was pretty cool :) Im not sure what year it came out, ill try n find that out in a sec. I know it needs WindowsXP to run, so it cant be that old...
    Edit: "Copyright 2003 Advanced Micro Devices" Not too old...

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005