    Get to the theater early, so you don't miss this theatrical window of
    opportunity.

    http://www.miramax.com/jersey_girl/

    Scot Gardner, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Scot Gardner

    Doonie Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:29:25 -0800, Scot Gardner wrote:

    >Get to the theater early, so you don't miss this theatrical window of
    >opportunity.

    And don't forget to bring a big jar of moths so that at least
    SOMETHING about the movie will me memorable.

    --
    www.cloakanddagger.ca

    Doonie, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Scot Gardner

    Mark B. Guest

    "Scot Gardner" <> wrote in message
    > First, we have the breaking story that _Gigli_ (pronounced Gee-Lee) will
    > be released on DVD December 9, 2003.
    >
    > As if this Benifer news weren't exciting enough, Miramax has just
    > announced that _Jersey Girl_ will begin its two-week theatrical run on
    > March 19, 2004!

    Didn't you swear up & down that it would never get a theatrical run?

    >After aging in the can for nearly a year, _Jersey Girl_
    > will be totally fermented and ready for public consumption.
    >
    > Those who thought _Jersey Girl_ would be released directly to ShowTime
    > were wrong.

    Well at least you admit you were wrong. But do you know there's help for
    obsessive behavior?

    Mark

    Mark B., Oct 29, 2003
  4. Scot Gardner

    Kishin Guest

    In article <20031029002754.881$>,
    "Scot Gardner" <> wrote:

    > First, we have the breaking story that _Gigli_ (pronounced Gee-Lee) will
    > be released on DVD December 9, 2003.

    Damn! I was hoping it would be out in time for Thanksgiving.

    Kishin

    Kishin, Oct 29, 2003
  5. >> First, we have the breaking story that _Gigli_ (pronounced Gee-Lee) will
    >> be released on DVD December 9, 2003.

    >Damn! I was hoping it would be out in time for Thanksgiving.

    It's turkey time, gobble gobble!

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
    revolving door.
    - Willy Walker

    Sydney Assbasket, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    > First, we have the breaking story that _Gigli_ (pronounced Gee-Lee)
    > will be released on DVD December 9, 2003.
    >
    > As if this Benifer news weren't exciting enough, Miramax has just
    > announced that _Jersey Girl_ will begin its two-week theatrical run on
    > March 19, 2004!

    Didn't you swear up & down that it would never get a theatrical run?

    >After aging in the can for nearly a year, _Jersey Girl_
    > will be totally fermented and ready for public consumption.
    >
    > Those who thought _Jersey Girl_ would be released directly to ShowTime
    > were wrong.

    <<Well at least you admit you were wrong. But do you know there's help
    for obsessive behavior? Mark>>

    After noting that _Gigli_ was a huge failure -- with audiences staying
    away in droves -- I mentioned that the same thing would probably happen
    to _Jersey Girl_ if it were released on schedule. The dramatic failure
    of _Gigli_ demonstrated that the Affleck/Lopez duet doesn't work. (Since
    I wrote my original assessment, Ben and Jen have split up. The wedding's
    off. See you around.)

    I mentioned that Miramax had indefinitely shelved _Jersey Girl_ even
    after it was scheduled for a November 2003 release. Affleck alone seems
    to work and Lopez alone seems to work, but putting the two of them
    together seems to add up to nothing. If this is the case -- and Miramax
    seemed to agree, initially -- _Jersey Girl_ will be a flop. The only
    thing that I can think of is that director Kevin Smith went back to the
    cutting room and tried to salvage the second film in what was to have
    been a Benifer Trilogy. It doesn't look as though the third installment
    will ever materialize.

    Kevin Smith's fan base may be totally-devoted and the fact that Smith
    makes good movies might be good omens. However, the pre-release _Jersey
    Girl_ news was not good and Miramax took notice. It's too late to
    pull out Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez and substitute Hugh Grant and
    Julia Roberts:

    ***

    Aug. 5 - Looks like Ben and Jen may have turkey number two at their
    door. Even while their new flick "Gigli" has been getting some of the
    toughest reviews in film history, the advance buzz on their upcoming
    film, "Jersey Girl," isn't much better. In fact, one person at an early
    screening of the film in March says that people were walking out from
    the beginning.

    "THIS MOVIE is a dog! Don't see it," notes the reviewer, who admits he
    was one of those who walked after an hour. "Jersey Girl" is scheduled to
    open next year. "Unless the cutting room floor contains a pile over ten
    feet high of unused footage, I do not think that there is any way to fix
    and save this movie before its release to the general public."

    http://www.msnbc.com/news/943873.asp?0cv=CB20

    Scot Gardner, Oct 30, 2003
  7. Scot Gardner

    Wade365 Guest

    Thankfully, she's STILL Jenny from the block.

    Dumb cow.

    Wade365, Oct 30, 2003
  8. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > Thankfully, she's STILL Jenny from the block.
    >
    > Dumb cow.

    And that's the reason that Miss Lopez copulates with experts. Jennifer
    Lopez dates or marries men that she hopes will advance various aspects
    of her career and then she quickly dumps them:

    Ojani Noa: Modeling

    Sean ''Puffy'' Combs: Singing

    Cris Judd: Dancing

    Ben Affleck: Acting

    When _Cleopatra_ was being made, it was conceived as being a 6-hour,
    2-movie extravaganza. However, when Liz Taylor and Dick Burton began
    their adulterous relationship, Fox decided to hurriedly put together a
    scaled-down, 3-hour version of _Cleopatra_ in order to take advantage of
    its adulterous stars. The key factor at work here was that Cleopatra's
    two married stars were fornicating and this alone was enough to sell
    millions of theater tickets. If there were a delay in getting the movie
    to the screen, the Liz & Dick romance might fizzle. In other words, Fox
    needed to move fast while Dick Burton's new address was still the old
    Fisher place on Taylor.

    The same thing is true with _Jersey Girl_, but Miramax no longer has the
    off-screen fornicating of Ben and Jen to attract movie goers. When
    _Gigli_ was released, Ben and Jen were still engaged, still fornicating
    and they had a wedding planned. In spite of all of these positive
    aspects, _Gigli_ was a $50 million disaster for Sony pictures.

    Now that Ben and Jen have split up, nobody gives a shit about any movie
    in which they appear together. This can only mean that _Jersey Girl_
    will be another major flop and that Miramax will be awash in red ink.

    Scot Gardner, Oct 31, 2003
  9. Scot Gardner

    Rogers News Guest

    > "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > > Thankfully, she's STILL Jenny from the block.
    > >
    > > Dumb cow.

    > And that's the reason that Miss Lopez copulates with experts. Jennifer
    > Lopez dates or marries men that she hopes will advance various aspects
    > of her career and then she quickly dumps them:
    >
    > Ojani Noa: Modeling
    >
    > Sean ''Puffy'' Combs: Singing
    >
    > Cris Judd: Dancing
    >
    > Ben Affleck: Acting
    >
    > When _Cleopatra_ was being made, it was conceived as being a 6-hour,
    > 2-movie extravaganza. However, when Liz Taylor and Dick Burton began
    > their adulterous relationship, Fox decided to hurriedly put together a
    > scaled-down, 3-hour version of _Cleopatra_ in order to take advantage of
    > its adulterous stars. The key factor at work here was that Cleopatra's
    > two married stars were fornicating and this alone was enough to sell
    > millions of theater tickets. If there were a delay in getting the movie
    > to the screen, the Liz & Dick romance might fizzle. In other words, Fox
    > needed to move fast while Dick Burton's new address was still the old
    > Fisher place on Taylor.
    >
    > The same thing is true with _Jersey Girl_, but Miramax no longer has the
    > off-screen fornicating of Ben and Jen to attract movie goers. When
    > _Gigli_ was released, Ben and Jen were still engaged, still fornicating
    > and they had a wedding planned. In spite of all of these positive
    > aspects, _Gigli_ was a $50 million disaster for Sony pictures.
    >
    > Now that Ben and Jen have split up, nobody gives a shit about any movie
    > in which they appear together. This can only mean that _Jersey Girl_
    > will be another major flop and that Miramax will be awash in red ink.

    Jen has ass warts and clemidia

    Rogers News, Nov 8, 2003
  10. Scot Gardner

    Scot Gardner Guest