    ewachtel Guest

    Sometimes my computer makes a sound like a doorbell. I run xp. Can anyone
    tell me wha this sound is and what do I do to get rid of it?

    ewachtel, Jan 26, 2008

  2. ewachtel

    TJ Guest

    "ewachtel" <> wrote in
    news:D:

    > Sometimes my computer makes a sound like a doorbell. I run xp. Can
    > anyone tell me wha this sound is and what do I do to get rid of it?

    Best guess follows;

    Tell your kids to close whatever IM program they use when they're done with
    it.

    A "doorbell" sound is an option in most IM clients for alerting you when
    one of your "buddies" signs on.

    TJ, Jan 26, 2008

  3. ewachtel

    philo Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > "ewachtel" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Sometimes my computer makes a sound like a doorbell. I run xp. Can
    > > anyone tell me wha this sound is and what do I do to get rid of it?

    > Best guess follows;
    >
    > Tell your kids to close whatever IM program they use when they're done

    with
    > it.
    >
    > A "doorbell" sound is an option in most IM clients for alerting you when
    > one of your "buddies" signs on.

    It's often due to some minor keystroke error...
    it can be turned off in the control panel under sounds & multimedia

    philo, Jan 26, 2008
  4. ewachtel

    Plato Guest

    ewachtel wrote:

    > Sometimes my computer makes a sound like a doorbell. I run xp. Can anyone
    > tell me wha this sound is and what do I do to get rid of it?

    Chances are it's some sort of chat app.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 28, 2008