    on the router front panel.

    I wonder if this is a design or manufacturing quality issue that may
    affect others... has anyone else experienced similar problems?
    McSpreader, Sep 29, 2005

  2. "McSpreader" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns96E06BF11593McP@62.253.170.163...
    > For the second time in the last few weeks I've been called in to fix
    > a failed Belkin wireless ADSL router. In both cases the power supply
    > unit (12v @ 1.25A integrated into the mains power plug) had stopped
    > working for no evident reason. [This PSU is probably limited to the
    > UK and maybe Ireland, because of the territory-specific integrated
    > mains plug.]
    >
    > Symptoms are no networking functionality ata all and no LEDs showing
    > on the router front panel.
    >
    > I wonder if this is a design or manufacturing quality issue that may
    > affect others... has anyone else experienced similar problems?

    Had a simiular problem with a 13 month old 3com wireless ADSL router.
    Edward W. Thompson, Sep 29, 2005

  3. McSpreader

    esdibee Guest

    McSpreader wrote:
    > *For the second time in the last few weeks I've been called in to
    > fix
    > a failed Belkin wireless ADSL router. In both cases the power supply
    > unit (12v @ 1.25A integrated into the mains power plug) had stopped
    > working for no evident reason. [This PSU is probably limited to the
    > UK and maybe Ireland, because of the territory-specific integrated
    > mains plug.]
    >
    > Symptoms are no networking functionality ata all and no LEDs showing
    > on the router front panel.
    >
    > I wonder if this is a design or manufacturing quality issue that may
    > affect others... has anyone else experienced similar problems? *

    Yes had similar problem but I checked the mains adapter and found it
    giving 12.25 V as expected. Took the lid off the router box and found
    the 12 V is present on the inside of the power connector but still the
    unit is completely dead - I think its a dud now. (It worked for about
    only 10 months).:(

    --
    esdibee
    esdibee, Mar 11, 2006
  4. esdibee <> wrote in

    > McSpreader wrote:
    >> *For the second time in the last few weeks I've been called in
    >> to fix
    >> a failed Belkin wireless ADSL router. In both cases the power
    >> supply unit (12v @ 1.25A integrated into the mains power plug)
    >> had stopped working for no evident reason. [This PSU is
    >> probably limited to the UK and maybe Ireland, because of the
    >> territory-specific integrated mains plug.]
    >>
    >> Symptoms are no networking functionality ata all and no LEDs
    >> showing on the router front panel.
    >>
    >> I wonder if this is a design or manufacturing quality issue
    >> that may affect others... has anyone else experienced similar
    >> problems? *

    > Yes had similar problem but I checked the mains adapter and
    > found it giving 12.25 V as expected. Took the lid off the router
    > box and found the 12 V is present on the inside of the power
    > connector but still the unit is completely dead - I think its a
    > dud now. (It worked for about only 10 months).:(

    AIUI Belkin offer a 'lifetime' warranty on the router. Not sure
    what that means but it sounds like more than 10 months :)

    Suggest you apply for a warranty replacement - the Belkin website
    should have details.
    Frazer Jolly Goodfellow, Mar 12, 2006
  5. McSpreader

    James Gockel Guest

    Im sure opening the box ruins the warranty.
    -James g.

    James Gockel, Mar 12, 2006