    have a wireless 4-port router installed for my LAN, and it is being used
    successfully with other computers, connected by both wired and wireless.

    Thank you.
    Papa, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Papa

    Papa Guest

    I have been learning a few things about such adapters. There is no such
    thing as a "one size fits all" concept. The adapter must match the notebook
    adapter in several ways. For example, my notebook adapter has a 32-bit
    Cardbus interface and is not compatible with Type I slots. So the Belkin
    device would probably not work.

    However, I found another brand that looks like it will do the job. It is
    compatible with revision 2 standards (32-bit support), supports Type I, II,
    and III card sizes, and has an ejector lever. It is the P111 Extron adapter,
    rev. 2.0, which I found on eBay for $19 including shipping.

    Once it arrives, I will try it out and post a follow-up.
    Papa, Dec 4, 2004