Belkin Wireless Network Problems

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by ScrinnerFenner, Nov 28, 2004.

  1. Hi All
    I am having real snags setting up the following:
    I have a PC using XP Pro, and a laptop using XP Home (both SP2) that i
    would like to set up both in a wireless network using the following
    cards and router/modem I have bought:
    1. Belkin 802.11g wireless Notebook Network Card
    2. Belkin 802.11g Desktop Network Card
    3. Belkin 802.11g ADSL Router/Modem - F57630-4A

    I connected the router to the mains and the phone line and got the
    lights I was expecting from the manual.
    I installed the network cards successfully into both the PC and laptop
    successfully. From the PC I logged into 192.168.2.1 for the router
    interface, and set the parameters needed.
    However, after about 5 minutes, the router seems to lock and I cannot
    navigate the router anymore. I reinstalled the network card, and reset
    the router and was able to reconnect to the router but the same thing
    happened after about 5 min again.
    I then did the same from the laptop, and after about 5 minutes the
    same thing happened.
    When I tried 192.168.2.1 from the pc, i got a "Duplicate
    Administrator" error and was unable to connect to the router
    interface, even when the laptop was powered down.
    Also, when I log out from the laptop or the PC, and login again, the
    connection to the network is lost, and cannot be reestablished until I
    reinstall everything again.
    For info, at the moment, both the PC and the laptop are right next to
    the router.
    Also, with respect to the parameters, I can see where to enter the ISP
    username and password, but nowhere to enter the Server IP address or
    subnet masks.

    Any help here please would be very much appreciated. I am going to try
    another router, but do wonder if this is the problem.

    Many thanks in advance

    Matt
    ScrinnerFenner, Nov 28, 2004