    Unable to ping the default ip in both cases. ip = 192.168.0.254

    Any ideas?

    Thanks...
    Taishi, Sep 24, 2005

  2. Taishi

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 02:20:41 GMT, "Taishi" <>
    wrote:

    >Help!
    >
    >I'm having major problems with my Belkin Wireless Network Access Point
    >(F5D6130):
    >
    >Lost wireless connection and tried the following:
    >
    >Powered off/on AP
    >Reset and Powered Off/ON AP
    >Unable to ping the default ip in both cases. ip = 192.168.0.254
    >
    >Any ideas?

    What do you mean by 'lost wireless connection?'

    You won't be able to ping anything if you aren't connected.

    What did you 'reset'? Reset it to factory defaults?
    Evan Platt, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Taishi

    Taishi Guest

    Yes i lost my wireless connection.

    Yes i reset back to factory defaults and I am still unable to connect to the
    router.
    And I can't ping the router.

    Any ideas?

    Taishi, Sep 24, 2005
  4. Taishi

    Taishi Guest

    You are wrong. I can ping from a PC connected directly into the router. I
    can also
    Ping yahoo.com are any other ip address on the network.

    You are right, that I want be able to ping anything if I try it from my
    wireless laptop. Matter of fact
    I can't ping "yahoo.com" from my laptop.

    Taishi, Sep 24, 2005
  5. Taishi

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 04:07:52 GMT, "Taishi" <>
    wrote:

    >You are wrong. I can ping from a PC connected directly into the router. I
    >can also
    >Ping yahoo.com are any other ip address on the network.

    Umm if you go and ask someone for help, it's best not to tell them
    they're wrong.

    I stated "You won't be able to ping anything if you aren't connected."

    So tell me how I'm wrong.

    >You are right, that I want be able to ping anything if I try it from my
    >wireless laptop. Matter of fact
    >I can't ping "yahoo.com" from my laptop.

    Because you aren't connected.
    Evan Platt, Sep 24, 2005
  6. Taishi

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 03:34:58 GMT, "Taishi" <>
    wrote:

    >Yes i lost my wireless connection.
    >
    >Yes i reset back to factory defaults and I am still unable to connect to the
    >router.

    Do you see the SSID?

    >And I can't ping the router.

    Because you aren't connected to it.
    Evan Platt, Sep 24, 2005
  7. Taishi

    Peptide One Guest

    On 2005-09-24, Taishi <> wrote:
    > You are wrong. I can ping from a PC connected directly into the router. I
    > can also
    > Ping yahoo.com are any other ip address on the network.
    >
    > You are right, that I want be able to ping anything if I try it from my
    > wireless laptop. Matter of fact
    > I can't ping "yahoo.com" from my laptop.
    >
    > "Taishi" <> wrote in message
    >> Yes i lost my wireless connection.
    >>
    >> Yes i reset back to factory defaults and I am still unable to connect to

    > the
    >> router.
    >> And I can't ping the router.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    >> > What do you mean by 'lost wireless connection?'
    >> >
    >> > You won't be able to ping anything if you aren't connected.
    >> >
    >> > What did you 'reset'? Reset it to factory defaults?

    You haven't mentioned which OS you are using. Might be helpful.
    Have you connected the PC directly to the router using a patch
    cable (RJ-45)? Does the wireless card recognize the SSID of your WLAN? Does
    the PC obtain an IP address? I'm speculating it does not.

    If you don't know how to check these parameters, let us know and we can help
    you.

    --
    Beauty is only epithelial cells deep.
    Peptide One, Sep 24, 2005
  8. Taishi

    Peptide One Guest

    On 2005-09-24, Evan Platt <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 04:07:52 GMT, "Taishi" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>You are wrong. I can ping from a PC connected directly into the router. I
    >>can also
    >>Ping yahoo.com are any other ip address on the network.

    > Umm if you go and ask someone for help, it's best not to tell them
    > they're wrong.

    <snip>

    Indeed. Perhaps this is due to a language barrier - Taishi's first language
    might not be English. (Benefit of the doubt, anyone?)

    :)

    --
    Beauty is only epithelial cells deep.
    Peptide One, Sep 24, 2005
  9. Taishi

    Taishi Guest

    "Peptide One" <> wrote in message
    > On 2005-09-24, Taishi <> wrote:
    > > You are wrong. I can ping from a PC connected directly into the router.

    > > can also
    > > Ping yahoo.com are any other ip address on the network.
    > >
    > > You are right, that I want be able to ping anything if I try it from my
    > > wireless laptop. Matter of fact
    > > I can't ping "yahoo.com" from my laptop.
    > >
    > > "Taishi" <> wrote in message
    > >> Yes i lost my wireless connection.
    > >>
    > >> Yes i reset back to factory defaults and I am still unable to connect

    > > the
    > >> router.
    > >> And I can't ping the router.
    > >>
    > >> Any ideas?
    > >>
    > >> "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message

    Point

    > You haven't mentioned which OS you are using. Might be helpful.
    > Have you connected the PC directly to the router using a patch
    > cable (RJ-45)? Does the wireless card recognize the SSID of your WLAN?

    Does
    > the PC obtain an IP address? I'm speculating it does not.
    >
    > If you don't know how to check these parameters, let us know and we can

    help
    > you.
    >
    > --
    > Beauty is only epithelial cells deep

    Your speculations are right. The wireless card do not recognize the SSID of
    the Access Point.
    The AP is not issueing the default ip address after I have reset it 5 times.
    I can't ping that same
    default IP address = 192.168.0.254.

    One system used primarily for troubleshooting has 2000. I have 2 XP
    professional laptops and 2 NT servers.
    I can see the ligts flickering when I run the ping command but no successful
    pings.

    I did try connection directly to the AP. It gives a invalid hardware error
    message.

    I also tried change my ip address, DNS..info to match the router. Example
    192.168.0. 100. I was thinking that was the key
    to resolving this problem. NOT!!
    Taishi, Sep 24, 2005