    add the .inf file manually in the device manager and it didn't work, it said
    doesnt contain info on your hardware. Is there another way to install this
    driver? Thanks in advance.

    skyman, Sep 22, 2008

  2. skyman

    Big_Al Guest

    skyman wrote:
    > Hi there, i cant get windows to recognize the adapter. First i downloaded
    > the software from belkin and installed it. I plugged the adapter, F5D7050
    > version 3.xx, into a usb 2.0 card i installed in the computer. When i
    > restarted the computer it said adding hardware and in device manager it
    > appeared under the USB host controller column. When i click the Belkin
    > desktop icon it says cant detect adapter, please plug it in. I even
    > tried to
    > add the .inf file manually in the device manager and it didn't work, it
    > said
    > doesnt contain info on your hardware. Is there another way to install this
    > driver? Thanks in advance.

    You say you installed into a usb card. Does the card work itself. Do
    you have any other USB device to plug in like a thumb drive or a printer
    etc.?

    Big_Al, Sep 22, 2008

  3. skyman

    skyman Guest

    yes the card works, i have a card reader hooked up and its working

    skyman, Sep 22, 2008
  4. skyman

    iPC Guest

    Make certain you downloaded the proper software version for your adapter
    (3.xx?). If so, unplug the adapter and reinstall the software. If
    'Modify' is an option during reinstall, give that a go. Plug the adapter
    in when the installer asks and reboot. If XP, consider setting under the
    'Options' tab, Let Windows Control Networks or something alike.
    Hopefully, you're wifi surfing in no time.

    iPC, Sep 23, 2008
  5. skyman

    iPC, Sep 23, 2008
  6. skyman

    Prabhakaran Guest

    I have two laps with same config, brand and VISTA home premium OS. One is
    updated with all hotfixes and one is not....
    when i try to conenct the net directly from modem it connects with no
    problem with two laptops. but when i use to configure benklin 52g router with
    easy installation guide the laptop without updates can easily detects the
    router and setsup the password and other things, but the other laptop with
    all updates and hotfixes says that "no router is detected in any of your
    network adaptors". I dont find the problem with router as it connects with
    other laptop and also no problem with network adaptor as it connects directly
    with modem, then why the router and this laptop are making problems? is it
    because of updates and hotfixes i have?
    Please do help.

    Prabhakaran, Oct 9, 2008