    how can i set it up so that the laptop and the desktop both can connect to
    the internet...first i was told i need to set up a bridge then belkin tells
    me that a bridge wouldnt work... i really dont know what else to do..

    =?Utf-8?B?c2hvcnRuc3dlZXQ=?=, Mar 10, 2007

  2. Hi
    It will help if you would tell us How the desktop is connected to the
    Internet and how you are connecting the Wireless Router to the desktop.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 11, 2007

  3. oh im sorry the desktop connects thru a cable modem... time warner cable and
    the wireless router is connecting to the modem...

    =?Utf-8?B?c2hvcnRuc3dlZXQ=?=, Mar 11, 2007
  4. Hi
    So basically you are trying to connect both your Router and the Desktop to
    the Modem.
    It can not work this way since only one device can connect to the Modem and
    obtain IP.
    You have to connect the Modem to the Router's WAN port, and then plug the
    Desktop to the Router.
    Basically looking like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
    Then you have to configure the Authentication for RR.
    See here, http://www.ezlan.net/broadband.html

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 11, 2007