Belkin Wireless G Router + PCI card

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by angie, Jun 24, 2005.

  1. angie

    angie Guest

    We have purchased a Belkin Wireless G Router (F5D7230-UK4) and a PCI
    Wireless card (F5D7001).

    The setup is as follows: Router connected to a broadband cable modem
    PC # 1 connected to router via ethernet
    Working very well, ta very
    much!
    PC # 2 connected to router wirelessly
    via PCI card
    Distance from router approx
    20 feet
    I do not own a microwave
    My cordless phone is nowhere
    near either unit, nor is it in "line of sight"
    Router and PCI card software
    is completely up to date

    Problem is as follows: PC # 2 keeps losing its connection to the network.
    We have tried: changing the
    broadcast channel
    Turning off Turbo mode and
    Frame bursting mode (and turing them back on again!)
    Changing the orientation of
    the router

    Help required: Any more ideas? PC #2 is running XPSP2Corporate.
    I am thinking perhaps Windows Wi-Fi
    thingymabob is conflicting with the
    Belkin software. Please help coz PC # 1 is NOT capable of a Wi-Fi
    interface (due it it being a bit of a
    dinousaur). Belkin themselves have not been much help, although big up
    to those with a 24/7 Freephone helpline!

    Ta very much in advance
    ---angie---

    --
    Note to self: NOT LOST!

    angie, Jun 24, 2005

  2. angie

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Uninstall the Belkin wireless software and use windows zero config to manage
    it.

    pcbutts1, Jun 24, 2005

  3. angie

    DC Guest

    angie wrote:
    > We have purchased a Belkin Wireless G Router (F5D7230-UK4) and a PCI
    > Wireless card (F5D7001).

    > The setup is as follows: Router connected to a broadband cable modem
    > PC # 1 connected to router via ethernet
    > Working very well, ta very
    > much!
    > PC # 2 connected to router wirelessly
    > via PCI card
    > Distance from router approx
    > 20 feet
    > I do not own a microwave
    > My cordless phone is nowhere
    > near either unit, nor is it in "line of sight"
    > Router and PCI card software
    > is completely up to date

    > Problem is as follows: PC # 2 keeps losing its connection to the network.
    > We have tried: changing the
    > broadcast channel
    > Turning off Turbo mode and
    > Frame bursting mode (and turing them back on again!)
    > Changing the orientation of
    > the router

    > Help required: Any more ideas? PC #2 is running XPSP2Corporate.
    > I am thinking perhaps Windows Wi-Fi
    > thingymabob is conflicting with the
    > Belkin software. Please help coz PC # 1 is NOT capable of a Wi-Fi
    > interface (due it it being a bit of a
    > dinousaur). Belkin themselves have not been much help, although big up
    > to those with a 24/7 Freephone helpline!

    > Ta very much in advance
    > ---angie---

    I'm not even going to *TRY* to decipher that mess.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Sometimes, when I'm alone, I Google myself.

    DC, Jul 1, 2005