    checked the firmware on the Linksys and it is up to date also--could this be
    atmospheric?

    does anyone have any explinations?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgUw==?=, Jan 21, 2006

  2. Maybe a bad Linksys access point/router radio? What happens if you go to a
    public wireless hotspot or a friends house?

    FWIW I have a Belkin F5D7010 running on an XP Pro SP2 Compaq Armada E500 and
    don't experience that. In my case I have a Buffalo WBR-G54 combo wireless
    access point and broadband router and use WPA-PSK (TKIP) to encrypt my home
    wireless LAN...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jan 21, 2006

  3. now that you mention it--I did have a Belkin Wireless access point and it
    worked better, but it kept dropping the network about once a day or so.

    Would updating the firmware on this router help that issue or is the Linksys
    in need of replacing?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgUw==?=, Jan 21, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgUw==?=

    SteveC Guest

    Had same thing and dumped the Belkin and got a Linksys 54G wireless card and
    it fixed it. But this computer seems to forget the name of my other
    computer now for some reason. It remembers notebook as notebook but StevePC
    it only knows if I type the IP address in 192.168.1.101. If I reboot the
    computers and the Linksys 54G wireless router reassigns IP numbers, it is
    fine for about 30 min, then it forgets again. But Computer A always
    remembers computer B.

    SteveC, Feb 18, 2006