    given to me so don't know much about it - Intel Celeron 400 MHz 128mb RAM.

    I can't get the Belin USB device to fit into the USB sockets.

    Is it possible they're a different (older?) type?

    Trevor, Aug 20, 2006

  2. Hi
    The USB socket on the computer side is the same on new, and old computers.
    I have the feeling that computer's jack that you are trying to use is not
    USB.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 20, 2006

  3. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    > Hi
    > The USB socket on the computer side is the same on new, and old computers.
    > I have the feeling that computer's jack that you are trying to use is not
    > USB.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Trevor" <> wrote in message
    >> Trying to install a new Belkin USB Wireless adapter into an old PC (it
    >> was given to me so don't know much about it - Intel Celeron 400 MHz 128mb
    >> RAM.
    >>
    >> I can't get the Belin USB device to fit into the USB sockets.
    >>
    >> Is it possible they're a different (older?) type?

    Device manager shower 2 usb hubs.

    Trevor, Aug 20, 2006
  4. Hi
    These hubs need external USB jacks, or internal connectors (Headers).
    If you have only Internal Headers, you need some thing like the following to
    connect the USB to the outside.
    Example:
    http://sewelldirect.com/usb-motherboard-header.asp?source=froogle&utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=cse
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 20, 2006
  5. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    The connectors I'm trying to connect the Belkin Wireless USB Network card to
    is either of the two below the red and green keyboard and mouse cable
    connectors here. Are they not USB connectors?

    http://www.woldsweather.plus.com/usb.jpg

    Trevor, Aug 20, 2006
  6. Hi
    Yeah it looks like a regular USB jacks.
    Wireless USB devices come in two flavors.
    One, a device that looks like a thumb, and the USB A connector is on the end
    of the device. It plugs directly to the computer's USB jack (if it does not
    fit one way to have to flip it).
    Two, a modular unit that usually includes an original USB cable. The smaller
    plug goes into the Wireless unit, and the bigger plug should be plugged into
    the computer.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 21, 2006
  7. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    > Hi
    > Yeah it looks like a regular USB jacks.
    > Wireless USB devices come in two flavors.
    > One, a device that looks like a thumb, and the USB A connector is on the
    > end of the device. It plugs directly to the computer's USB jack (if it
    > does not fit one way to have to flip it).
    > Two, a modular unit that usually includes an original USB cable. The
    > smaller plug goes into the Wireless unit, and the bigger plug should be
    > plugged into the computer.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Trevor" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> The connectors I'm trying to connect the Belkin Wireless USB Network card
    >> to is either of the two below the red and green keyboard and mouse cable
    >> connectors here. Are they not USB connectors?
    >>
    >> http://www.woldsweather.plus.com/usb.jpg

    Mine looks exactly like a USB Flash Memory stick. 4 inches long with a |USB
    connector sticking out, but it won't fit into either of the drives on the
    photo.

    Trevor, Aug 21, 2006
  8. Try flipping the device over, USB connectors only go in one way.
    The connector and the jack are mirror images of each other and will only go
    together one way.
    --
    Nill

    =?Utf-8?B?TmlsbA==?=, Aug 23, 2006