    --
    Lynn
    Please remove spamtrap if replying via email

    Lynn W, Nov 20, 2005

  2. Lynn W

    Ryan Younger Guest

    I actually had an interesting time with the driver you mention for that
    particular Belkin wireless adapter, in that it caused problems on a select
    few machines that it was installed on (it is an unsigned driver if I
    remember correctly).

    Having said that, XP does feature device driver rollback so you can always
    revert back to your previous driver if you are having issues. As a rule of
    thumb you should always be using the latest wireless driver available and
    should have XP Service Pack 2 installed. XP's Wireless Zero Configuration
    is vastly superior in SP2.

    --
    All the best,

    Ryan Younger.
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/airsick/ - My Wireless Networking Blog

    Ryan Younger, Nov 20, 2005

  3. I have the same Belkin. It works fine without the card. Just the router.

    Sanford Aranoff, Nov 21, 2005
  4. Lynn W

    Lynn W Guest

    Its the card that has the new driver

    --
    Lynn
    Please remove spamtrap if replying via email
    "Sanford Aranoff" <> wrote in message
    :
    :

    Lynn W, Nov 21, 2005

    Sanford Aranoff, Nov 23, 2005
  6. Lynn W

    Lynn W Guest

    Router connects to my desktop via Ethernet cable. 'Card' is in my
    laptop which is connecting wirelessly.

    --
    Lynn
    Please remove spamtrap if replying via email
    "Sanford Aranoff" <> wrote in message
    :
    :
    : Lynn W wrote:
    :
    : > Its the card that has the new driver
    : >
    : > Why does one need a card if we have the router?
    : > :
    : > :
    :
    :

    Lynn W, Nov 23, 2005

    Sanford Aranoff, Nov 24, 2005
  8. Lynn W

    Lynn W Guest

    The laptop must have been supplied with the 'wireless card' already
    installed internally as most laptops are now. Mine is nearly 2 years
    old and I had to buy a card to insert into the slot provided. You
    couldn't connect wirelessly without there being an interface to do it.

    --
    Lynn
    Please remove spamtrap if replying via email
    "Sanford Aranoff" <> wrote in message
    :
    :
    :

    Lynn W, Nov 26, 2005
  9. Did you have problems connecting to the browser?
    --
    Thankyou

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9uZG9ua2l3aQ==?=, Nov 26, 2005
  10. Lynn W

    Lynn W Guest

    After installing SP2 the machine stopped booting up. Had to boot up in
    Safe Mode which didn't rectify itself even after uninstalling SP2

    --
    "Londonkiwi" <> wrote in message
    : Did you have problems connecting to the browser?
    : --
    : Thankyou
    :
    :
    : "Lynn W" wrote:
    :
[...]
    : > --

    Lynn W, Nov 26, 2005
  11. Yes I had problems connecting to browser. But am getting a strong signal from
    the connection.
    --
    Thankyou

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9uZG9ua2l3aQ==?=, Nov 27, 2005