    occurring?

    Thanks in advance.
    Gavin

    Gavin, Feb 27, 2006

  2. What OS are you running?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsbGU=?=, Mar 2, 2006

  3. Gavin

    Gavin Guest

    xp sp2....fully updated.

    Gavin, Mar 2, 2006
  4. Gavin

    NikV Guest

    "Gavin" <> wrote in message
    > xp sp2....fully updated.
    >

    > "Michelle" <> wrote in message
    >> What OS are you running?
    >>
    >> "Gavin" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I've got a belkin wireless G card plugged into my PC. Sometimes it
    >>> works
    >>> fine - finds the netgear router and works without any problems there
    >>> after.
    >>>
    >>> Sometimes, it will drop its connection two or three times - during which
    >>> time i have to disable the adapter through the device manager screen and
    >>> at
    >>> the c prompt release and renew the ip configuration.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know why this card needs to be disabled so frequently to
    >>> make it
    >>> work? Are there any software interferences that can stop this from
    >>> occurring?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.
    >>> Gavin

    had exactly the same issues with this card connecting to a dlink 2000ap I
    managed to find a driver update and just installed the driver - the belkin
    utility would not install on three separate computers- now I don't have
    dropouts very often but despite an excellent signal both strength and s/n
    ratio I usually can't sustain more than 36Mbps - just reckoned it doesn't
    work very well with the router, the other dlink pcmcia cards have worked
    flawlessly as does my hx4700 pda (11Mbps only) placed in exactly the same
    position as the belkin antenna
    (on XP sp2)

    --

    NikV, Mar 30, 2006