    Wireless is enabled in the routers settings.
    Any help appreciated
    SJ
    rednose, Dec 7, 2004

  2. On 07 Dec 2004, rednose scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I am using a Belkin ADSL wireless router serial number fsd7630-4a.
    > I've set up the modem ok, but the WLAN light on the front won't light
    > up. and my laptop can't connect.
    > I assume the modem\router isn't sending a signal.
    > Wireless is enabled in the routers settings.
    > Any help appreciated
    > SJ

    What kind of laptop?
    What kind of wireless adapter in the laptop?
    What are your encryption (security) settings?
    How about a little more information, since my crystal ball is out of
    commission at the moment...
    --
    The Old Sourdough
    BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life
    The Old Sourdough, Dec 8, 2004

  3. rednose

    Scrote Guest

    rednose wrote:
    >> I am using a Belkin ADSL wireless router serial number fsd7630-4a.
    >> I've set up the modem ok, but the WLAN light on the front won't light
    >> up. and my laptop can't connect.
    >> I assume the modem\router isn't sending a signal.
    >> Wireless is enabled in the routers settings.
    >> Any help appreciated
    >> SJ

    1. Unplug from power, this has cured the odd glitch with mine.
    or
    2. Restore to factory default, unplug from power then replug & setup.
    Then, if no joy,
    3.Belkin Customer Support. I have found them to be useful.
    --
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to convince a woman
    that even a bargain costs money. -- Edgar Watson Howe
    Scrote, Dec 8, 2004
  4. go to device manager in control panel and check your wirless network card is
    enabled that is something that happens to me regularly and that is the
    solution that gets me going again

    David Hemingsley, Dec 8, 2004