    Can anyone help with this?

    thanks

    , Nov 1, 2006

  2. beenthere Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Apparently the only requirment to work at Belkin Technical Support is a
    > promise that you konw nothing about the product.. after 3 tries I'm
    > wondering if someone here can help.
    >
    > I've been using a F5D 7050 on XP, thought I'd try F5D 70501 as it might
    > be faster.
    >
    > I can't install the software, tried uninstalling the old belkin
    > drivers, then installing the new ones, tried downloading it, nothing.
    >
    > It just says 'thnak you' and doesn't install.
    >
    > The strange thing is, even after I've installed, I still can see Belkin
    > in AddRemove programms.
    >
    > Can anyone help with this?

    Sadly, lots of software don`t un-install correctly, and you
    end up with a do-it-yourself situation.
    You first go to Add\Remove programs and do that bit.
    Then Start\Search, and remove any Belkin folders you find.
    And finally you have to go into the Registry, and delete
    any Belkin references there. Restart the machine.

    And with a bit of luck, you`ve un-installed it.
    HTH.

    beenthere, Nov 1, 2006

  3. Guest

    I ended up having to do a System restore.. then installing the software

    Seems like the answer to many of life's problems is... system restore.

    thanks

    beenthere wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Apparently the only requirment to work at Belkin Technical Support is a
    > > promise that you konw nothing about the product.. after 3 tries I'm
    > > wondering if someone here can help.
    > >
    > > I've been using a F5D 7050 on XP, thought I'd try F5D 70501 as it might
    > > be faster.
    > >
    > > I can't install the software, tried uninstalling the old belkin
    > > drivers, then installing the new ones, tried downloading it, nothing.
    > >
    > > It just says 'thnak you' and doesn't install.
    > >
    > > The strange thing is, even after I've installed, I still can see Belkin
    > > in AddRemove programms.
    > >
    > > Can anyone help with this?
    > >

    > Sadly, lots of software don`t un-install correctly, and you
    > end up with a do-it-yourself situation.
    > You first go to Add\Remove programs and do that bit.
    > Then Start\Search, and remove any Belkin folders you find.
    > And finally you have to go into the Registry, and delete
    > any Belkin references there. Restart the machine.
    >
    > And with a bit of luck, you`ve un-installed it.
    > HTH.

    , Nov 1, 2006
  4. beenthere Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I ended up having to do a System restore.. then installing the software
    >
    > Seems like the answer to many of life's problems is... system restore.
    >
    > thanks

    That works fine, If it`s the only thing you`ve installed lately.

    beenthere, Nov 1, 2006