    Installed but when Belarc reopened, had the same message. Tried again,
    no joy.
    Anybody else?

    Smirnoff, Aug 16, 2007

  2. Smirnoff

    Jack Gillis Guest

    "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just opened Belarc Advisor and was advised that (as often happens)
    > security definitions were out of date. Clicked the link and was offered
    > Security Definitions 2007.7.10.2.
    > Installed but when Belarc reopened, had the same message. Tried again, no
    > joy.
    > Anybody else?

    Hmmm! I have never had Belarc say anything to me about Security
    Definitions. I am using version 6.1f.

    Jack Gillis, Aug 16, 2007

  3. Smirnoff

    Smirnoff Guest

    "Jack Gillis" <> wrote in message

    > "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    >> Just opened Belarc Advisor and was advised that (as often happens)
    >> security definitions were out of date. Clicked the link and was
    >> offered Security Definitions 2007.7.10.2.
    >> Installed but when Belarc reopened, had the same message. Tried
    >> again, no joy.
    >> Anybody else?
    >>

    > Hmmm! I have never had Belarc say anything to me about Security
    > Definitions. I am using version 6.1f.

    I've got 7.2j.
    Perhaps I've not explained properly, I would imagine that layout is
    similar in both versions.
    Three boxes just under the header:
    CIS Benchmark Score
    Virus Protection
    Microsoft security Updates (this one shows Status Unknown).
    I normally update this (quite regularly) with a link that appears when
    it is out of date.

    ? Advisor security definitions are out of date. Click here for the
    latest definitions.

    This appears under the boxes.
    However, this time it doesn't work

    Smirnoff, Aug 16, 2007
  4. Smirnoff

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:00:40 +0100, Smirnoff wrote:

    >Just opened Belarc Advisor and was advised that (as often happens)
    >security definitions were out of date. Clicked the link and was offered
    >Security Definitions 2007.7.10.2.
    >Installed but when Belarc reopened, had the same message. Tried again,
    >no joy.
    >Anybody else?

    Same here, was running 7.0t (perhaps) updated to 7.2t and don't get the
    3 boxes at the top and no mesage about updates.

    The files in
    Program Files\Belarc\Advisor\System\Security look the same date and
    time, HotfixDefs.cax

    Close all IE windows / rerun and the out of date message is back.

    Me

    why?, Aug 16, 2007
  5. Smirnoff

    Smirnoff Guest

    > On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:00:40 +0100, Smirnoff wrote:
    >
    >>Just opened Belarc Advisor and was advised that (as often happens)
    >>security definitions were out of date. Clicked the link and was
    >>offered
    >>Security Definitions 2007.7.10.2.
    >>Installed but when Belarc reopened, had the same message. Tried again,
    >>no joy.
    >>Anybody else?
    >>

    > Same here, was running 7.0t (perhaps) updated to 7.2t and don't get
    > the
    > 3 boxes at the top and no mesage about updates.
    >
    > The files in
    > Program Files\Belarc\Advisor\System\Security look the same date and
    > time, HotfixDefs.cax
    >
    > Close all IE windows / rerun and the out of date message is back.

    Thanks, thought I was going mad.
    Obviously the Microsoft Security update is not working.

    Smirnoff, Aug 16, 2007
  6. Smirnoff

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:34:17 +0100, Smirnoff wrote:

    >> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:00:40 +0100, Smirnoff wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just opened Belarc Advisor and was advised that (as often happens)
    >>>security definitions were out of date. Clicked the link and was
    >>>offered
    >>>Security Definitions 2007.7.10.2.
    >>>Installed but when Belarc reopened, had the same message. Tried again,
    >>>no joy.
    >>>Anybody else?
    >>>

    >> Same here, was running 7.0t (perhaps) updated to 7.2t and don't get
    >> the

    <snip>
    >> Close all IE windows / rerun and the out of date message is back.
    >>

    >Thanks, thought I was going mad.

    Who said you aren't?

    why?, Aug 16, 2007
  7. Smirnoff

    Smirnoff Guest

    "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    > Just opened Belarc Advisor and was advised that (as often happens)
    > security definitions were out of date. Clicked the link and was
    > offered Security Definitions 2007.7.10.2.
    > Installed but when Belarc reopened, had the same message. Tried again,
    > no joy.
    > Anybody else?

    OK, works now. The MS Security Update file was out of date.
    Belarc now offers 2007.8.14.1.

    Smirnoff, Aug 17, 2007
  8. Smirnoff

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 08:32:37 +0100, Smirnoff wrote:

    >"Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    >> Just opened Belarc Advisor and was advised that (as often happens)
    >> security definitions were out of date. Clicked the link and was
    >> offered Security Definitions 2007.7.10.2.
    >> Installed but when Belarc reopened, had the same message. Tried again,
    >> no joy.
    >> Anybody else?
    >>

    >OK, works now. The MS Security Update file was out of date.
    >Belarc now offers 2007.8.14.1.

    Thanks, updated now.

    Me

    why?, Aug 17, 2007