    regards,
    wesley
    , Apr 21, 2006

  2. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > BeInSync's network status page says their server is up, but... as I
    > can't connect from the 3 different machines I checked (at 3 different
    > locations / networks), I'm thinking the problem is on their end. Anyone
    > else having problems?

    Of course it's at their end, as you've tested with various pc in
    different places.

    Please note that the number one rule of service providers is to NEVER
    admit it's their problem. For example. Long time ago, I lost my dialup
    ISP. So did others using the same service. Called support, they plainly
    said they did not have a problem, and it must be on "my" end.

    Lo and behold, I drove to their location and their building was on fire,
    the basement was flooded where their servers/modems were, and the team
    of techs were still talking on their cell phones that there was NO
    problem.

    :)

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 22, 2006

  3. Evan Platt Guest

    On 21 Apr 2006 20:16:01 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Please note that the number one rule of service providers is to NEVER
    >admit it's their problem. For example. Long time ago, I lost my dialup
    >ISP. So did others using the same service. Called support, they plainly
    >said they did not have a problem, and it must be on "my" end.
    >
    >Lo and behold, I drove to their location and their building was on fire,
    >the basement was flooded where their servers/modems were, and the team
    >of techs were still talking on their cell phones that there was NO
    >problem.

    Now I know you're lying. No tech support company would bother
    forwarding calls to cel phones. They'd simply have a "All systems are
    operational" recording, followed by "All technicians are currently
    assisting other customers. Your call IS important. Please, continue to
    hold.
    Evan Platt, Apr 22, 2006