    appreciated. My firewall is Sygate pro and my operating system is
    Windows XP.

    Megan

    Megan, Dec 27, 2004

  2. Megan

    donnie Guest

    On 26 Dec 2004 16:48:37 -0800, "Megan" <> wrote:

    >Hi everyone,
    >
    >I have been using a D-link DI-604 for the past two months. In the last
    >two days I have been getting port scanned through the UDP protocol
    >about every 20 minutes and the IP address being logged on my firewall
    >is my routers IP. I have another computer on the router and it does not
    >have this problem. If anyone could help me it would be greatly
    >appreciated. My firewall is Sygate pro and my operating system is
    >Windows XP.
    >
    > Megan

    #######################
    Does the router have an internal IP address? I would think it does
    since I'm assuming that you're talking about a home network. Are you
    using port fowarding? Can you telnet to the router? Is there a
    default passwd? Have you changed it? Maybe you can give us a little
    more info about your setup.
    donnie

    donnie, Dec 27, 2004

  3. Megan

    Megan Guest

    Hi Donnie,

    The router does have an internal IP address (192.168.0.1). I also use
    port fowarding for file sharing. I don't think I can telnet to the
    router, how could I find out? There is the no default password, you
    just have to type in your user name. Thanks for your help.

    Megan

    Megan, Dec 27, 2004
  4. Megan

    Jim Watt Guest

    On 27 Dec 2004 09:02:36 -0800, "Megan" <> wrote:

    >Hi Donnie,
    >
    >The router does have an internal IP address (192.168.0.1). I also use
    >port fowarding for file sharing. I don't think I can telnet to the
    >router, how could I find out? There is the no default password, you
    >just have to type in your user name. Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Megan

    I think you need to read its instructions a bit.

    What make and model might it be ?
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Dec 27, 2004
  5. Megan

    donnie Guest

    On 27 Dec 2004 09:02:36 -0800, "Megan" <> wrote:

    >Hi Donnie,
    >
    >The router does have an internal IP address (192.168.0.1). I also use
    >port fowarding for file sharing. I don't think I can telnet to the
    >router, how could I find out? There is the no default password, you
    >just have to type in your user name. Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Megan

    ########################
    My guess is that the file sharing is the problem. With whom are the
    files shared? Is it a VPN? I take it that it's someone on another
    network because you wouldn't need port fowarding for share on internal
    PCs. It could be that someone outside is scanning your external IP
    (modem IP) and your configuration is making it look like it's the
    router.
    If you don't have a telnet client such as Putty, you can just open a
    command prompt and telnet from there.
    telnet 192.168.0.1
    If you get a login prompt, attempt to login. If you are successful,
    then you should passwd protect that router. Then they to do the same
    from a PC outside your network. Run a port scanner, see what ports are
    opened. Attempt to contact your network on all opened ports. That way
    you can find a way to share your files and secure it from unauthorized
    users.
    donnie.

    donnie, Dec 27, 2004