    Obviously, I am relatively clueless and would like to set something up as
    easily as possible. Thanks for your help.

    P.S. - I have Time Warner Cable as my internet provider
    CHAZDG, Nov 9, 2005

  2. Hi

    Almost all Wireless Cable/DSL Routers has 4 ports for connecting computers
    with Wires and an Access Point (Wireless part) that can connect Wirelessly
    to many computers.

    To connect with a wire a computer needs Network Card and a Network wire
    (CAT5e). To connect Wirelessly a computer need a Wireless Client Card.

    Both Wired and Wireless Network Cards are available in USB form.

    Log here there is a lot of basic info concerning Wireless,
    http://www.ezlan.net/#Wireless

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "CHAZDG" <> wrote in message
    > I just purchased a new computer and was thinking of setting up a wireless
    > network with the older computer in my apartment. I am disabled so opening
    > up the computer is a bit of a problem for me. I know I need a router and

    my

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 9, 2005

  3. How u would setup ur wireless network would b to first buy a wireless
    router...802.11g would b best. Next, if you r using a laptop computer, the
    laptop may have a wireless adapter built into it...if not, or if you r using
    a desktop computer u will need to buy a wireless adapter. The best wireless
    adapter to get would b a USB adapter....no entry to the computer required, u
    just plug it into an available USB port, install the software for it, and
    configure both the router & USB adapter to communicate with each other.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG91Z2hza2lubg==?=, Nov 10, 2005