  1. As with any MCP exam you have access to the calculator. Beyond that your on
    your own.

    --
    "The Rev"
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    ..
    "h" <> wrote in message
    news:#1jOk$...
    > During the real test for MCDST do you have access to the applications in
    > question to trial your answers or is totally 'blind'? In other words if I
    > was asked a question on settings in internet explorer would I be able to

    use

    h, Jan 31, 2005

  3. Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)

    Jason Guest

    Stephen is correct here, and as a followup, the Microsoft theory is to be
    able to identify the GUI's blind as often a helpdesk tech has to
    troubleshoot a system they may not be using (say your system has XP Pro and
    you are asked to troubleshoot something in W2K) - or worse win98!. The
    expectation is that you can troubleshoot without actually being on the
    system. That's the extent to which a tech should be able to troubleshoot
    any OS or associated application.

    If you can't call most dialogue's blind, you shouldn't be working in a
    production helpdesk environment.
    Just two cents for whatever they're worth from the "real world" application
    of certs.

    Jason, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)

    mike Guest

    No its multiple choice questions all you do is check the
    box for the correct answer
    mike, Feb 5, 2005