Begging for a new feature!

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Alan P, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Alan P

    Alan P Guest

    Heya all;

    If there is one teeny feature I think would be fabulous; it would be the
    facility to stop showing JavaScript popup's. Some stupiud sites insert HTML
    like:

    function a()
    {
    alert("you suck");
    a();
    }

    Which can only be cured by killing the mozilla process; causing all browser
    windows to die

    ---
    Alan P, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Alan P wrote:

    > Heya all;
    >
    > If there is one teeny feature I think would be fabulous; it would be the
    > facility to stop showing JavaScript popup's. Some stupiud sites insert HTML
    > like:
    >
    > function a()
    > {
    > alert("you suck");
    > a();
    > }
    >
    > Which can only be cured by killing the mozilla process; causing all browser
    > windows to die
    >

    > ---

    You aren't going to get much attention from developers here. There is
    one easy way to accomplish your goal, though, disable javascript. There
    are several extensions that allow you to toggle it on and off on the
    fly, most notably the Preferences Toolbar.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org

    http://mozilla.org
    Leonidas Jones, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Alan P

    Keith Bowes Guest

    Alan P wrote:
    > Heya all;
    >
    > If there is one teeny feature I think would be fabulous; it would be the
    > facility to stop showing JavaScript popup's. Some stupiud sites insert HTML
    > like:
    >
    > function a()
    > {
    > alert("you suck");
    > a();
    > }

    Good call. Disabling recursion in scripts. File an RFE.
    Keith Bowes, Apr 3, 2004