    Any advice welcome.. thanx
    --
    Ange xox
    KillerCheeto, Jun 28, 2006

  2. KillerCheeto

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day
    <> did cause the electrons to come
    together and form the following words:

    > I am new to all this and am looking at studying and taking the MCDST
    > courses...
    >
    > Is this the first thing i should be doin, or do i need to gain other
    > knowledge to have it all make sense to me?

    You don't take the course to gain knowledge. The test are based on
    experience. Rather than take a course, its better to learn what is
    required by practicing hands-on.

    > need is a working knowledge of micro, but i dont want to start
    > something to learn i should have gained other cetificates first..

    Best thing to do is go to the Microsoft site and understand what the
    certification is for. If you think it would help you on your chosen
    career, then look into thte required knowledge for the individual exams.

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    TBone, Jun 28, 2006

  3. KillerCheeto

    Steve W. Guest

    I would disagree, committing to take a test is a GREAT way to learn. Grab
    the exam materials and study.. you are learning, and the exams force you to
    learn a wider array of knowledge than you might learn on your own. I have
    found that I learn a ton preparing for my certs, and have used that
    knowledge in my job.

    Steve W., Jul 25, 2006