    Please, could someone tell me how I can backup Cisco configuration on HDD.
    I have no additional tools

    Thanks for help

    Micha³ S, Apr 19, 2005

  2. Micha³ S

    John Smith Guest

    What you need is a tftp server (you can download one for free) then you copy
    the config to the tftp server with the comand "copy start tftp" from enable
    mode.

    John Smith, Apr 19, 2005

  3. Micha³ S

    jcw Guest

    Hi,

    I am fairly new to Cisco too - I am preparing for my CCNA as we speak.
    Regarding this issue, TFTP runs on UDP right? If I try to use the Cisco TFTP
    server and between my PC (running the TFTP software) there is a PIX firewall
    with NAT I cannot seem to do copy the config files accross the NAT network
    (of course I can use the rollover cable and do it locally) but is there a
    way to bypass this?

    The error I am getting is:

    %Error opening tftp://IPADDRESS/configfilenane (Undefined error)

    Thanks in advance for all help.

    jcw, Apr 19, 2005
  4. Micha³ S

    Brad Guest

    Yes, TFTP uses UDP port 69...gotta love it.

    Perhaps if you posted the PIX's config we would have something on which
    to base our troubleshooting...

    Brad, Apr 19, 2005
  5. Micha³ S

    Guest

    I agree, the PIX is probably blocking it. But it could be other things,
    or ACL's in other places.. But its a good place to start. Are you sure
    you have started the TFTP first? Sound funny but that happens..

    , Apr 19, 2005
  6. Micha³ S

    Chris Guest

    "Micha³ S" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I'm starting work with Cisco devices. I have 1700 model.
    > Please, could someone tell me how I can backup Cisco configuration on
    > HDD. I have no additional tools
    >
    > Thanks for help

    The cheap way is to do a 'sh run' and copy and paste the output to a text
    file.

    Chris.

    Chris, Apr 19, 2005