    local library have nothing on C++ that's not light years beyond me.

    Thanx,

    BDL
    Brian LESTER, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Brian LESTER

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:47:30 -0400, Brian LESTER wrote:

    >Sorry if I'm off track, I'm broke (yea we all are) and want to find free C++
    >instruction for absolute begginers if there is such a thing. I understand

    As usual,
    http://www.google.com/search?q=c++ tutorial
    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,390,000 English pages for
    c++ tutorial
    (0.70 seconds)

    >there are editor/compilers out there for the taking, but my U library and

    Thousands of editors most likely.

    Search a site like,
    http://tucows.com/
    List of some text editors, Windows shareware, free and commercial.
    http://www.tucows.com/development_codeediting_default.html
    there are section for other OS's

    I like the paid for UltraEdit, on Windows.
    http://www.ultraedit.com/

    >local library have nothing on C++ that's not light years beyond me.

    A U lib with nothing on C++, sounds very strange.

    Does it matter what operating system?

    Grab an old PC, and install Linux for C/C++, will also have several
    editors.

    If you have a Win box try, DJGPP
    http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/
    DJGPP is a complete 32-bit C/C++ development system for Intel 80386 (and
    higher) PCs running DOS. It includes ports of many GNU development
    utilities. Has an IDE. Use the download file picker to select which
    features you need and get the files it tells you.

    Also see the documentation links.

    Maybe even , GCC
    http://gcc.gnu.org/

    Borland C++ v5.5 command line, i.e. no GUI apps.
    http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilder.html

    www.google.com for more.

    Me
    why?, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Brian LESTER wrote:

    > Sorry if I'm off track, I'm broke (yea we all are) and want to find free
    > C++ instruction for absolute begginers if there is such a thing. I
    > understand there are editor/compilers out there for the taking, but my U
    > library and local library have nothing on C++ that's not light years
    > beyond me.

    Programming = problem solving
    Problem solving = learning how to use tools to solve problems
    Tool = http://www.google.com
    Use it

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Brian LESTER

    Brian Guest

    "Brian LESTER" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Sorry if I'm off track, I'm broke (yea we all are) and want to find free

    C++
    > instruction for absolute begginers if there is such a thing. I understand
    > there are editor/compilers out there for the taking, but my U library and
    > local library have nothing on C++ that's not light years beyond me.
    >
    > Thanx,
    >
    > BDL

    here ya go mate c++ in 21 days
    http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/