    something that could've gotten turned off. Any suggestions what else
    to look at?

    Thanks for any and all help!
    jlab13, Jun 15, 2007

  2. Hi
    Did you turned any Service Off?
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 15, 2007

  3. jlab13

    Chuck Guest

    On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:52:59 -0000, jlab13 <> wrote:

    >I have had a network between my laptop (xpPro) and desktop (vista)
    >since vista came out. never a prob. All of a sudden, neither can see
    >each other. All of the correct protocols are in there. My wireless in
    >the laptop connect to the access point w/no issue. I'm on the same
    >workgroup, etc. No idea where to go next. Is there a service or
    >something that could've gotten turned off. Any suggestions what else
    >to look at?
    >
    >Thanks for any and all help!

    I'd look at all personal firewalls, and any other security components, and at
    the NetBT setting.
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-using.html

    Then I'd look at logs from "browstat status" and "ipconfig /all", from each
    computer, and diagnose the problem. Read this article, and linked articles, and
    follow instructions precisely (download browstat!):
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]
    Chuck, Jun 15, 2007
  4. jlab13

    jlab13 Guest

    On Jun 15, 3:14 pm, Chuck <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:52:59 -0000, jlab13 <> wrote:
    > >I have had a network between my laptop (xpPro) and desktop (vista)
    > >since vista came out. never a prob. All of a sudden, neither can see
    > >each other. All of the correct protocols are in there. My wireless in
    > >the laptop connect to the access point w/no issue. I'm on the same
    > >workgroup, etc. No idea where to go next. Is there a service or
    > >something that could've gotten turned off. Any suggestions what else
    > >to look at?

    > >Thanks for any and all help!

    > I'd look at all personal firewalls, and any other security components, and at
    > the NetBT setting.
    > <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-usi...>http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-usi...
    >
    > Then I'd look at logs from "browstat status" and "ipconfig /all", from each
    > computer, and diagnose the problem. Read this article, and linked articles, and
    > follow instructions precisely (download browstat!):
    > <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighbo...>http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighbo...
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    > My email is AT DOT
    > actual address pchuck mvps org.

    FWIW, I needed to run a winsock repair utility to repair damage caused
    by malware. All is well now. Nutty stuff.
    Thanks for all of the help, though!
    jlab13, Jun 19, 2007
  5. jlab13

    Chuck Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:49:44 -0000, jlab13 <> wrote:

    >On Jun 15, 3:14 pm, Chuck <> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:52:59 -0000, jlab13 <> wrote:
    >> >I have had a network between my laptop (xpPro) and desktop (vista)
    >> >since vista came out. never a prob. All of a sudden, neither can see
    >> >each other. All of the correct protocols are in there. My wireless in
    >> >the laptop connect to the access point w/no issue. I'm on the same
    >> >workgroup, etc. No idea where to go next. Is there a service or
    >> >something that could've gotten turned off. Any suggestions what else
    >> >to look at?

    >> >Thanks for any and all help!

    >> I'd look at all personal firewalls, and any other security components, and at
    >> the NetBT setting.
    >> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-usi...>http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-usi...
    >>
    >> Then I'd look at logs from "browstat status" and "ipconfig /all", from each
    >> computer, and diagnose the problem. Read this article, and linked articles, and
    >> follow instructions precisely (download browstat!):
    >> <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighbo...>http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighbo...

    >FWIW, I needed to run a winsock repair utility to repair damage caused
    >by malware. All is well now. Nutty stuff.
    >Thanks for all of the help, though!

    Thanks for the update!

    Chuck, Jun 19, 2007