    1. Advertising

  2. tommylee

    Gevorg Guest

    Gevorg, Jul 15, 2003

  3. The article stated...

    "The average computer programmer in India costs $20 per hour in wages and
    benefits, compared to $65 per hour for an American with a comparable degree
    and experience, according to consulting firm Cap Gemini Ernst & Young."

    Hmm... $65.00/hour is roughly equal to $130,000 per year salary. This seems
    pretty high to me for an "average computer programmer".

    Maybe they should have hired a consulting firm from another country to
    perform the survey.

    Davin Mickelson

    Davin Mickelson, Jul 15, 2003
  4. tommylee

    Tim Guest

    "Davin Mickelson" <> wrote in message

    > Hmm... $65.00/hour is roughly equal to $130,000 per year salary. This

    seems
    > pretty high to me for an "average computer programmer".

    No, an annual salary is only part of the cost of a full time employee. There
    are significant costs in taxes and benefits, plus overhead if you're
    providing office space and equipment. $65/hour is probably more comparable
    to a full time employee paid about $65,000-$75,000 per year, though that
    will obviously vary based on applicable local taxes, paid benefits, and
    overhead expenses.

    Tim, Jul 15, 2003
  5. tommylee

    mave Guest

    mave, Jul 18, 2003
  6. tommylee

    Fool4vb Guest

    Fool4vb, Jul 21, 2003
  7. tommylee

    Clark Guest

    Wow.. so "most" of the people "you've" met act a certain way according to
    you! Well this certainly IS information worth having (sarcasm)!!!
    So IF these experiences are limited to SOME the people YOU have personally
    met what would that percentage of the entire population of Indians living in
    the US would this be?
    ..0002%?, I doubt even that. Thanks for relating your experiences and THANKS
    even more for attempting to qualify yourself as "not racist" by explaining
    to your humble audience that you aren't indeed talking about "everybody"
    (which of course would be impossible).

    "I also find integrity to be a big issue when dealing with Indian
    programmers"

    I find it astounding that people would still make comments like this in the
    year 2003!

    --Clarkness

    Clark, Aug 6, 2003